Wednesday, February 1, 2012

About Mom

My mom had a birthday this week.
She loves lemons, yellow, and she always sang this song to me....now she sings it to my girls. The cake is lemon dream cake. The danish's are some I made up using part of a recipe from Pinterest and adding my own special "lemon touches." They were awesome! The wall hanging is just a canvas that we glued some wooden letters on, painted with yellow spray paint and distressed with a bit of gray. I think she liked it and I know it was a surprise!That's my mom....before my time. She has told the story often--she was on a "date" with dad and some other friends from church, using a child's fishing pole and just tossed it out in the water (no fishing liscense) and quickly pulled in her first fish! I'm sure if dad wasn't already "hooked" he was after that!I absolutely adore the vintage feel to this photo of my Mom and big brother. My dad has been going through old slides and finding some real treasures.
My favorite memories are of the outdoors. There are many more of different family members, but for now, just sharing a few of the birthday girl! Love her so much!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Crystal Roberts

You're a great daughter, what a sweet birthday it must have been, love the photos too! They are amazingly sweet. :)

Cindy

Happy Birthday to your mom, your old photos are wonderful. You learned how to be a good mom to your darling daughters from her, no doubt.
Hugs, Cindy

The Dickinsons

Happy Birthday to your Mom. LOVE the picture on the railroad tracks! Your treats you made for her look yummy and nice!

Thanks for your fun comment on my blog!

I hope you are feeling some better. Can't wait to hear you are feeling like yourself again. =)

~Heather~

Pamela

I knew your mother had to be special! It's a joy to hear you "call her blessed."

I love your new picture and colors!

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27