
My husband and I recently took a trip to the DC area. It was a working vacation, but of course, we made time for some sightseeing as well.

One night we took the metro to Georgetown--or as close as the metro will take you anyway. We walked across the Potomac on the Key Bridge. It was beautiful, if a bit scary--two of my greatest fears are water and height, so....you get the picture. :)

I love all the references to God in this historical place. It was reaffirmed again and again to me that Almightly God was at the very center of the founding of our great country. It made me very sad to think of the leaders who reside here and yet have complete disregard or even open hatred for our heritage.

We had BBQ at Old Glory where everything they serve from the beef to the wide selection of sauces are American made or grown. The setting was a very old building with lots of authentic charm.

Afterwards, we stopped by Georgetown Cupcake....they make the best!

The night was not without incident. Rick and I accidently boarded trains going seperate ways on the metro. When I got off, I was a long way from him and found myself in the middle of a police take-down. I'm not sure what happened, but they did end up shutting down a section of the line. It took a long time, many phone calls, bus and train rides and text messages, but we finally found our way back together in the wee hours of the morning. To put it mildly, I was quite happy to see him! :)

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27
2 comments:
Oh my! So glad you found one another, and that you're safe!
Post a Comment