Thursday, October 13, 2011

Semi-annual new frocks

Twice a year, Easter and Christmas, we all get new clothes. All the way from new shoes to hairbows or a necktie. I try to do get the Christmas clothes together while the weather is still nice, because we also take family pictures this time of year. Of course, there are other times throughout the year when one or another of us gets a new article of clothing, but those purchases are usually based on needs, these more for fun. =)
I have a thing for men's clothing. Love it! Upper halves at least. Not so fond of pants--they are so boring! In particular, I love shirts and ties. Colored shirts, most of the time. =) Shirts and toes, however; can be quite expensive. To pay $40 for a shirt is nothing. $30-$40 for a tie as well. I scored this one at Kohles for $19. It's sort of a pin-striped gray. The tie is black, mustard, and gray and was $15.I'll not tell you what I paid for mine. It was my big splurge of the year, and will probably last many years to come. Seriously, I have found that buying nice things sometimes pays off. I have some timeless fashions that have been around my closet 5-10 years. Purchase justified.I made Kayla a gray skirt and got the mustard shell at Target. I happened to run across the sweater at Saver's thrift store and knew she would love it!I made Kalli a skirt as well. The top is from Children's Place and I made the mustard colored flower pin. Children's Place had a great Colombus Day sale. 20% off--even sale items.I made Kammy a circular skirt. I didn't have a pattern, but I figured if you fold the fabric in 4's and measure an equal distance from the middle corner all the way around then cut, it would work. I got lucky, it worked. Then I cut a small circle in the corner for her waist. Hemmed it and added elastic to the waist. Done, and very cute. =) Her shirt is from Children's Place as well. I just added an inner ruffle to the neck, waist and sleeves. I also made her a sweet little fabric headband.Kaite's little outfit is all from Children's Place. Mommy is praying that everyone will cooperate on picture day. After that, the outfits hang back in the closet until Christmas Sunday. Thanks for joining our little sneak peek at new semi-annual frocks.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous

Shirts and TIES, not TOES for all you smarties. LOL

Brittany

Hehe...was wondering about those expensive toes!
Love the frocks! They'll make for some great pics. I've been gathering things for ours, too. I also took advantage of the Children's Place sale - scored some cute stuff for the lil guys! I get so frustrated, though, when they come out with their Christmas line and it's all red and black. Every. single. year. We're going with grays and blues this time. Still gotta find something for myself though, guess that means I gotta go shopping. Again...

Denise :)

I love your color scheme for this year -- that goldenrod yellow is gorgeous and adds just the right amount of *pop*! Fun! :) Just out of curiosity, what do you mean you were a "modern mail order bride"??

Cindy

What a great shirt and tie! I love the grey and mustard, that is my favorite color combination of the year. My husband is a minister and he wears dress shirts three times a week, I buy his shirts at Costco and they are about 15.99 and very good quality.
Your outfit looks very pretty! I would like to see more of it.
Your girls outfits are so sweet...it looks like your family photos are going to be gorgeous.
Hugs, Cindy

wendy

Love love love <3

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27