Monday, October 17, 2011

Dressy Shots

Wouldn't you know it? Rain on picture day! We took a few shots here and there between showers/downpours/thunder ect. Someone would notice that the rain had stopped, so I'd comb ALL that hair as quickly as possible and we'd gather shoes and run outside. Just about the time we'd get all set up, it would start raining again!
I was pretty determined to get something--curling and combing 5 heads of very long hair for nothing, is not my idea of a good day. Between the wind and the rain though, the curls were pretty much gone in the first 5-10 minutes.The umbrella wasn't a planned prop--it was a necessity.My $100 camera has a timer, so I did our pictures myself. Next year, we are going to a studio! (I say that every year--but I mean it this time.)In spite of the weather, the kids were super awesome to cooperate with me!This is one I snapped while we were waiting for the other girls to gather and it's turned out to be a favorite!Kammy looks so lady-like here! Surprise, surprise!Kalli and my mom both mentioned that Kayla is getting so big that they find themselves thinking it is me walking up next to them at first.Happy-go-lucky, fun, bubbly Kalli!I'm really regretting all the ruffles on my sweater and blouse--as if I needed any more bulk! Oh, and Kammy really is leaning WAY back like that on purpose--it's soo fits her personality!Remember, we are on a timer here, so I get the camera set up, the kids set up, the hubby set up, and I RUN like an idiot. (10 seconds!)Another shot of Kaite. She dislikes the hat, and I hat to promise the moon for this one!Rick has flowers behind his back, but they just blended into the landscape.
We do still have casuals to do--with the dog! We decided against trying to add the dog into the rainy pics especially with the dress clothes! I'm thinking that the rain might be a minor hinderance when compared to the havoc a dog will add to this mix!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Nicki

I think they all look really good. Maybe Kammy thinks she is sitting side-saddle. :)
We really need to get a picture taken and also do something for Travis since he is suppose to graduate this May. I suppose we'll have to brake down and go to a studio. Where's my sister when I need her???

Charity

Very cute pictures! I love the colors you all are wearing! :)

Dreamin'

I think your pictures are great! :)

Anonymous

I'm impressed that you did these pictures on your own! Very very nice!

Cindy

Your photos turned out beautifully! You do a great job and it never looks like you have run a marathon to get back into yours! Your girls are all so pretty and your ruffles look find!
Cindy

Cindy

I meant "fine". =)

Mary@notbefore7

No need for a studio - these are lovely! You do a great job editing the final touches!

Laura Engle

I really enjoyed your family pic! Great job, Ms. Photographer:) I must say I just had to chuckle over the mental image of the frantic photographer: running to make it in time to pose, taking deep breathes so as to look as if she had a half hour rather than ten seconds to make it in time for the click of that dreaded shutter:), hoping all had remained in their assigned positions, and shouting through plastered smile for all others to smile! lol!...the joys of beautiful pics. I must say that I really like the flare the necessary umbrella brought to your pics. I guess all things do work together for good:)

wendy

I love all of them!!! They are great pics, the outfits are soo sweet. I love all the ruffles! And the grey weather is good because you don't get squinty eyes from the sun in your eyes!

Pamela

Beautiful photos of your lovely family. When we worked at FMC the three parsonage families did Christmas Card photos. Steve Stetler would get us all set up, set the timer and race into the pictures. Fun memories.

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27