Monday, June 20, 2011

Memory Monday

Remember Memory Monday? Me neither. I think I was planning to do a memory post every Monday....or something like that. I think it might have happened once? Well...yesterday, we were at my parent's place for Father's Day and the girls and I got to digging for memories. We found this picture of me when I was maybe 4. I think that maybe I was practicing up for Kaite. I cannot tell you the hours/nights I have spent just like this!
Then we found this Father's Day card that I made for my daddy when I was about 10. This is page one.
...and this is page 2, 3, and 4...
finally, the last page. :)
This here is an interesting piece of history. My Grandma received this letter informing her of her brother's wounding in action during the Korean war. If I am reading it right, the year was 1950?
Below is a picture of me playing house in what I am sure was my big brother's corn field. He was 10 years my senior and I'm not sure what he thought about my making "house" here, but it sure was fun! He loved to grow things--seems he got a great sense of accomplishment in seeing the harvest. This picture proves the idea that a home is what you make it. Even a corn field can be made pretty by placing a vase of flowers on the table and a fussy baby in your arms. :) I vaguely remember that my baby was pretty fussing this day too. See, I really did start preparing myself for the joys of motherhood at a young age. Haha.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27