Friday, June 17, 2011

A Father's manner of love

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the children of God I John 3:1a






I have been blessed in this life with the most wonderful father a girl could ask for, my children too, have the best that I could dream of for them. Most important of all, we (all of us) have a heavenly father with eyes which look on us with mercy and a heart that cares for us with and unfathomable love. I have added just a few of my favorite "father pictures" and personal stores below. They carry a double blessing for me, reminding me of both my earthly and my heavenly blessings.


The photo above reminds me to hold tightly to my Heavenly Father's hand. He knows where He is leading, the path may be rocky, but clinging to him, I will not fall.




For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11


This photo reminds me that His plan is not new. From the very beginning he held us--even before our earthly father did. He knit us together in our mother's womb. Stitch by stitch, loop by loop, each one of our parts was delicately and carefully crafted by Almighty God. He could have blasted us together, or snapped His fingers and we would have appeared, but He chose a more delicate process in which He could be intimately involved. He sees in his heart what he wishes for us to become. His masterpiece.




For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. Psalm 139:13While my heavenly father never SENDS hard trials my way, we do live in a fallen world and he does allow trials to cross my path. Who else beside my God has a way of using those hard times to send a special blessing? Growing up, my daddy didn't splurge much on us kids. I remember once, seeing at D&B, an "Idaho" ball cap that I just adored. Well, if it had been just momma in the store that day, I likely would have been the new owner, but daddy was there, and I didn't NEED it. The following week, I had the most terrible bike wreck of my whole life. There was blood everywhere and just as I was pulling my little self up off the ground to go crying into the house, daddy drove in the driveway and stepped out of the car holding that very ball cap my heart so desired! I quickly forgot the pain and saw only the present! See, God not only knows what we need, he know WHEN we need it! When the bikes wrecks of life happen, his arms are always underneath!




The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them. Deuteronomy 33:27


This last photo reminds me of who my heavenly father is and what he is doing. He is always interceding on my behalf. Why would he have died if it were not to save? Why would he have risen if it were not to return? Meanwhile, he has sent a Comforter.



One night not long ago, a small girl's voice cried out in fear sometime during the dark night. My husband ran to our daughter's room and scooped up a trembling little 4 year old in his arms saying, "What's wrong, baby?" Her reply came softly as she drifted back to sleep, "Nothing." Sometimes that's how it is, we just need to know that he is there. That we are safe. He's there. He's praying and pulling for us, and we can make it through the darkest night.



Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. Romans 8:34



Photobucket





3 comments:

~Heather Rae~

This brought tears to my eyes! I love you girl!

Cindy

What a very beautiful tribute to two very special dads and one powerful, loving Heavenly Father. You are triple blessed!
Hugs, Cidny

Pamela

Oh Karen, this is simply beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes to read the comparisons from our earthly father to our Heavenly Father. Thinking about having a Christian father today reminded me of the verse, "to much is given, much is required."

Blessings,
Pamela

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27