Sunday, May 8, 2011

The best thing my mother ever did....

....had me! Heehee. You think I jest. Really, I'm as serious as I get.


I could go on and on with a list of great things about my mom...all the wonderful loving things, all the memories, hugs and kisses, but really-- I am just sooo thankful that she gave me the gift of life. There is just nothing like it! :) Of course, the fact that she was a wonderful mommy and made my life so pleasant, might be part of why I value life so much. I have two little ones with ear infections, of all things so I am busy cuddling and loving. If it weren't for that, I might really wax eloquent. lol. I was thinking of doing a post about all the reasons Mary was chosen to be the mother of Jesus and all the ways we mothers should pattern our 'mothering styles' after hers. Think about it... she had to watch her 'baby' be criticized and despised and in the end, she had to 'give him back'. There's more...but there's not time. I need to pass out motrin, cold packs, and hugs.
Anyway...back to my mommy and the best gift she gave me.
Without a doubt...
Hands down...
Life.
Thanks for being my mommy,
So I could be theirs!
"Mommy-hood"
It's the greatest!


Photobucket
And my favorite Mother's Day scripture verse?
He will feed His flock like a shepherd: He will gather the lambs in His arm, He will carry them in His bosom and will gently lead those that have their young. ~ Isaiah 40:11

1 comments:

Cindy

What a sweet post, you must have a wonderful mom. Your photo of you with the girls is priceless! They are all smiling so sweetly! I love it. You have such a sweet family.
I hope your Mother's Day was as wonderful as you are!!! You deserve it.
So sorry to hear that your girls are ill.
Hugs, Cindy

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27