Monday, May 2, 2011

Another week

It's funny how time continues to march on regardless of what is happening in the world. We're still here in Southern California. Last night we Americans learned that Osama bin Ladin's justice has begun. Thank you to our national leaders and brave military, we are praying for you! We've also seen the devestation the storms in the South have left and prayed for our fellowman.


Somehow, we manage to stay busy here with school, laundry, crock-pot cooking and just the everyday stuff of living. I must say, I am I desperate need of some new crock-pot ideas though. Hubby has been working as much as 18hrs a day trying to hurry and get done so we have a little time on the end of our trip to vaca as a family. Once in a while us girls have a little too much of our little abode and take it outside for a while.Ring around the rosie is fun, even for mommy,
...falling down is especially fun for Kaite!

We have all been sick with terrible chest colds. Kaite's the worst. She had difficulty breathing and high fever with her's so we took her to Urgent Care. She had an ear infection that they prescribed antibiotics for and seems to be doing some better now. She really, really hates to get 'bugs' in her nose and is always so thankful when we wipe it all clean for her!


I bought the girls some cheap flip flops and we decorated them. That was a fun little project for them!


Just a few miles from us is the little town of Norco, also known as "Horse Town, USA"


Most of the buildings have a very western look.


Instead of sidewalks, they have horse trails.


Horses are welcome anywhere in town!


You better know my Kammy loved it here! :)


When all else fails, we blow bubbles...pretty bubbles in the air!


I know...it's a rather mundane post, but it's my life right now. Stay tuned, it's about to get better...we hope! :)


Photobucket


4 comments:

Unknown

I don't know what you normally make in the crockpot, but as for suggestions, I've tried enchilada casserole and lasagna both in the crockpot and they both turned out decent. The enchilada casserole was a little juicy/mushy one time I did it, but the next time it turned ok. Or, I do gumbo but I don't know if you can buy premade roux there. Just some thoughts!
Hope ya'll enjoy the rest of your stay in 'fornia! And, hope every gets to feeling better! :)

Jenifer Metzger

Sounds like a great week. Praying for your little ones to get rid of the colds.

Cindy

Hi! Aren't you glad you homeschool? You and the girls could not have gone with your husband if you didn't. So sorry to hear that you have all been sick, that's not fun.
Have fun in Horse Town, Kammy must be in her element there.
Hugs, Cindy

Pamela

I love the mundane because that's really what life is usually like. The "ring around the roses" pictures are just precious. I love seeing mothers play with their children. Great flipflop project, too!

Pamela

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27