While some may think we are on "vacation", we feel more like we are on a mission. :)
My dear hubby has been working 16-22 hour days for 3 and a half weeks now.
We especially feel this way after seeing pictures of spring at home.
We especially feel this way after seeing pictures of spring at home.
While I'm not completely sure that Paul would have ever written that verse in Philippians about being content in every "state" had California existed at the time; we really are content. Smile.
Kaite just finished her antibiotics and is feeling much better. Kammy is now on antiobiotics! None of my kids have been sick for over a year, so go figure--California germs! :) Most of you know of Kammy's love for horses, so she was more than a little sad to hear that her dear friend Chesnut had given birth to Starbright. While they are the neighbor's horses, Kammy has taken the duty of naming them.
Personally, I miss the flowers and the spring outdoors. I love tulips and have about a million.
Sort of makes my heart bleed. (That is a flowering bleeding heart, in case you were wondering).
I have two of these bleeding heart bushes at home. Sigh...
I have a little spot at home that has been screaming, "strawberry patch" ever since the first time we looked at the place. I was so disappointed not to be there to plant this year....what do you know?!?!? My parents planted 41 plants here for me! Spoiled????
Potato patch and trees beyond.
I think I'm going to have to frame this one for Kammy's room. She'd LOVE it!
Papa watering the garden! I know he went to a lot of work here.
One more shot of the flowers. See what I'm missing? Actually, we got word since here, that the house we are renting has an offer on it. Nevermind the fact that we have a signed 12 month lease and they are not even supposed to list it during that time. Legally, we can stay until the lease is up, but it might cause some stress and certainly takes some of the fun out of it. Please....if you are a landlord and have renters who care for the place better than you ever did--don't take them for granted. We have done soooo much work here. I jokingly said that in order to "leave the place in the same condition we found it in", like the contract says, I am going to have to order a dump truck of pet hair and dirt to scatter through the house and take a rake to the freshly painted walls.
Kaite just finished her antibiotics and is feeling much better. Kammy is now on antiobiotics! None of my kids have been sick for over a year, so go figure--California germs! :) Most of you know of Kammy's love for horses, so she was more than a little sad to hear that her dear friend Chesnut had given birth to Starbright. While they are the neighbor's horses, Kammy has taken the duty of naming them.
Personally, I miss the flowers and the spring outdoors. I love tulips and have about a million.
Sort of makes my heart bleed. (That is a flowering bleeding heart, in case you were wondering).
I have two of these bleeding heart bushes at home. Sigh...
I have a little spot at home that has been screaming, "strawberry patch" ever since the first time we looked at the place. I was so disappointed not to be there to plant this year....what do you know?!?!? My parents planted 41 plants here for me! Spoiled????
Potato patch and trees beyond.
I think I'm going to have to frame this one for Kammy's room. She'd LOVE it!
Papa watering the garden! I know he went to a lot of work here.
One more shot of the flowers. See what I'm missing? Actually, we got word since here, that the house we are renting has an offer on it. Nevermind the fact that we have a signed 12 month lease and they are not even supposed to list it during that time. Legally, we can stay until the lease is up, but it might cause some stress and certainly takes some of the fun out of it. Please....if you are a landlord and have renters who care for the place better than you ever did--don't take them for granted. We have done soooo much work here. I jokingly said that in order to "leave the place in the same condition we found it in", like the contract says, I am going to have to order a dump truck of pet hair and dirt to scatter through the house and take a rake to the freshly painted walls. 

3 comments:
Gorgeous pictures and enjoyed this post. Did you ever sell your other house? Is moving back there an option? I really laughed when you said you'd need to dump pet hair in the house/ rake the walls to leave it in the same condition as when you moved in there.
I wish we had good renters to take care of our house! They're coming up to the end of their lease, and we've got to get tough and give them the boot :( Ever thought of moving to Alabama?! ;) I think I already know the answer to that - lol! So sorry your girls have been sick, both my boys are on antibiotics too - Jackson's missed an entire week of school. I'm ready for things to get back to "normal"!
I don't want to move. Anywhere. Period. Feels like I just did that, lol.
Post a Comment