Monday, April 18, 2011

Tiny Talk Tuesday

I'm going a little heavy on the pictures in this Tiny edition. This writing finds us somewhere in California-on a business trip-with daddy. We have been getting a lot of schoolwork done and spending a little time in the sunshine. It was hard to decide with pictures to edit out. :)Kammy really enjoyed the adventure to Bass Pro Shops. I think she would have been content to sit on the horse the entire time though. When I did convince her to "get off and see what else we could find," she found all kinds of horse things she would "definitely buy if she was growed up!" Kammy is one smart cookie...momma is not a big believer of snacks while traveling, so here we were...driving along looking for a place to eat lunch and we were all very hungry. All but Kammy. She had thought ahead and packed some red licorice and chocolate chips in the truck the afternoon before we left. She was back there contentedly snacking away while the rest of us endured our growling tummies. Daddy and his girls! How I love these people! :) Kaite did like the ocean, even though it was too cold (67) to really enjoy it properly. She spends most of her time here wanting to go, "house, see Rancha." She has been talking like crazy since we arrived! She said, "I 'on't ike 'fornia" and walks around saying, "borning, borning" (boring) over and over! Kammy has been a little bored too, what with all the schoolwork happening around here. No one to play horses with...well, no one on her 'level' anyway. She said, "I discovered what I need is a twin, because twins like to do the same things as their twins!" I love this picture of my older pair walking on the sea shore! I love that their movements are practically identical. :) Kalli hasn't been too thrilled with the climate. It was 95 the other day and she said, "When I get a shower, it's sopping wet, here it is just sopping sweat!" She also said, "The HUMILITY (humidity) here is disgraceful!"
Kammy heard me talk about how they say "the big one" (earthquake) is just waiting to happen in California, so when she got a sticker sheet at In N Out Burger, she made an earthquake! Kids! They don't miss anything!
Kaite caused no small stir during our visit with the adorable way she dug into her burger! Even if momma isn't a believer, Kaite is! :)
She placed the neck pillow on and said, "Neck! Hug!" Too bad she did not travel so well the whole trip. She was quite carsick in spite of the medication we gave her (All my kids inherited my carsick genes) and I seriously wonder how many times you can say, "out" in 4 1/2 hours, because that is what she did for the last leg of our trip-nonstop. Needless to say, she has mean parents, who love her very much and value her life, so she stayed "in."
Here I think she is helping daddy with an expense report or something--maybe trying to figure a way to expense her "straw" (soda). She is working hard with his blackberry and a receipt.

Photobucket

6 comments:

maryanne @ mama smiles

Such cute pictures from your trip! Very clever of your Kammy to pack her own snacks for the trip!

Crystal Roberts

I just loved this post and the pictures, your family is so beautiful, and your kids say the funniest things! Love the last picture,just melts your heart.

Cindy

Your kids really do say the cutest things. I loved Kallis The humility here is disgraceful!
Also Kammys earthquake, sounds like you had a fun trip. I hope you are feeling well.
Hugs, Cindy

Anonymous

Karen, you have the sweetest, most adorable little family! Enjoy your time in California. You are making wonderful memories.

Lanaye

Sarah Quinn

I sure love your pictures! I can tell you are 100% devoted to being a godly mommy above all else. What a blessing, what a responsibility, what a missionfield! Stay encouraged as you trek this memorable journey! :)

Mary@notbefore7

SEriously - that last picture is worth a thousand words. What a fun time!

Happy TTT!

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27