Wednesday, December 22, 2010

22nd day of Christmas

A friend sent me a recipe for Cranberry Bliss Bars...a new one for me. When I first tried them, I honestly didn't think I'd make then again. Then I tried another one after they had chilled a while and I was hooked! I've already made a second batch! Click 'here' for the recipe.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Sandra in New Mexico!

Oh, Karen! My stomach lurched when I read what you thought when your first tried them. They HAVE to be cold. I hope that you do like them *for reals* this time! They are so pretty for this time of year too.

RicKaren

Believe me, they would not have earned a second batch, if I didn' like them 'for reals'! ;)

Sandra in New Mexico!

The recipe you linked to doesn't include the orange zest in the icing which I think is a must. The bars at Starbucks have a little citrus zing to them and that's my favorite part. I also liked that you didn't drizzle the white chocolate for the top. I love getting a whole chip in a bite.

RicKaren

I noticed that. (Add that, people!) Blogger wouldn't let me copy and paste the one you sent me, Sandra. On my second batch, I drizzled. ;)

Cindy

Yummy, those sound and look VERY good. I have loved all of your posts, Karen. Will you be taking a break once the holiday is over?
Have a lovely day!
Hugs, Cindy

RicKaren

I'm not sure, Cindy. I may since I will be busy getting the kids back on a school schedule. Then again, sometimes I have more time to blog while I am sitting and teaching. Guess we will see.

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27