For years and years, I have been looking for a pair of old ice skates. I'd like them to be white and slightly worn. Believe it or not....I wanted them before they became so popular. Now it seems they either sit on the mantle or front porch of half the houses in America. Well, I have never found a pair. This just might have a tiny bit to do with the fact that I don't shop enough. I mean....I don't know what I expect....for them to drop out of the sky, or what.
Yesterday, I happened to mention to hubby that Kohls had their Christmas decor 60% off and that I'd like a pair of their little skates added to my wish list. Not that I don't still want the vintage white ones, but for now--I'd settle for these. Later, he went to get some light bulbs for the chapel and came back with these for me.Not for Christmas--for now! He thought I'd like to enjoy them before Christmas. Yep, he's pretty awesome that way! He also knows that Christmas never lasts long enough for me--that my favorite part of the year comes between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I just love the anticipation of this time of year. It makes me think of what it must have been like for Mary--knowing that the greatest gift of all time was about to be unwrapped?!?!
Yesterday, I happened to mention to hubby that Kohls had their Christmas decor 60% off and that I'd like a pair of their little skates added to my wish list. Not that I don't still want the vintage white ones, but for now--I'd settle for these. Later, he went to get some light bulbs for the chapel and came back with these for me.Not for Christmas--for now! He thought I'd like to enjoy them before Christmas. Yep, he's pretty awesome that way! He also knows that Christmas never lasts long enough for me--that my favorite part of the year comes between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I just love the anticipation of this time of year. It makes me think of what it must have been like for Mary--knowing that the greatest gift of all time was about to be unwrapped?!?! It truly is the most wonderful time of the year--
because of the most wonderful gift of all time!


1 comments:
Adorable! Such as sweet think for your husband to do. I wish I had my old skates. The things you get rid of...who would have thought in 1975 that I'd want them now!
Post a Comment