Monday, October 18, 2010

Photo editing

We took our annual Fall/Christmas pictures this weekend with my new camera. I'm not posting all of them yet, but I thought it might be fun to see what can be done with photo editing tools.
Here is a picture of Kaite that I really liked (minus her daddy's hand that is). Little ones are sometimes so difficult to get good pictures of, since they tend to be quite busy. I used picnik to edit this one, but there are literally hundreds of free online photo editing sites to choose from. First of all, I used the 'rotate' button to tilt the picture until we got rid of daddy's hand. Next, I turned the picture into 'sepia' adding just a tiny hue of color back into it. Finally, I used just a bit of the 'boost' feature.
With a family of six, group pictures are a challenge, but I think we got some pretty good shots...at least for ametures, and the best part, is that there were no sitting fees. In fact, until we order prints, they don't cost a dime! Last year, I was able to get 50 free photo christmas cards, so I'm holding out for another deal like that!
Oh, and the camera? A Canon SX120IS with a 10X optical zoom lens. $249 at Target, $130 on sale at Best Buy.

Photobucket

3 comments:

~Heather Rae~

I can't wait til Syssa and Kobes get done..and maybe Keith's and I's lol I have never had a family picture with my family lol

Dalina

Thanks for sharing those tips Karen!
Beautiful picture...both ways :)

Brittany

That's an adorable photo! I love picnik, too. I use it ALL the time. But my hubby just got me photoshop for my bday, so I'm beginning to try to figure it out! I'm kinda excited, kinda scared, to learn it all :) Maybe old dogs can learn new tricks. I hope...

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27