A couple of posts back, I talked about my new camera and our fall photo shoot. We haven't missed a year yet, in 14 years. The last 4-5 years, we have done our own. The kids are more relaxed not having to pose for a stranger and I think the adults might be too. They fall a little short of professional quality, but doing your own is ever so much cheaper.
This year, we went all casual in sweaters. In the past, I have had everyone match (sewed 5 dresses and bought a coordinating shirt for dad.) Nothing wrong with that, except that I have a LOT on my plate right now and don't like sewing, and blah, blah, blah. :)
I thought the train tracks near my parents place would be a fun place to shoot some pictures. I have fond memories of walking those tracks with the family on Sunday afternoons as a kid.
Here are some of the sweet things in my life, riding the rails.
This year, we went all casual in sweaters. In the past, I have had everyone match (sewed 5 dresses and bought a coordinating shirt for dad.) Nothing wrong with that, except that I have a LOT on my plate right now and don't like sewing, and blah, blah, blah. :)
I thought the train tracks near my parents place would be a fun place to shoot some pictures. I have fond memories of walking those tracks with the family on Sunday afternoons as a kid.
Here are some of the sweet things in my life, riding the rails.Big Sisters & Little Sisters.


I love that man!

Our oldest and my right hand. Kayla is such a sweet pretty girl!
Kalli. Quite possibly the most affectionate person you will ever meet. So sweet and cute!
Kammy our animal (especially horse) loving girl. Here she has 'Browie' who happens to be a dog. Think it not strange, he is a cowdog! :)
Quite adorable as well!
I'm lovin' the soft colors and sweet smile.
I mentioned in this post, the editing that had to go on for this picture to work. In the above edit, I used 'paint' to color dad's arm out of view. That way I could keep the picture upright. I had so much fun that I decided to try and give the whole photo the appearance of a painting. I think it turned out a little Norman Rockwell-ish. :)

Our oldest and my right hand. Kayla is such a sweet pretty girl!
Kalli. Quite possibly the most affectionate person you will ever meet. So sweet and cute!
Kammy our animal (especially horse) loving girl. Here she has 'Browie' who happens to be a dog. Think it not strange, he is a cowdog! :)
Quite adorable as well!Kaite.
Quite honestly, I think this photo is a prize-winner. Not because of the photographer, but because of the subject matter!
I'm lovin' the soft colors and sweet smile.
I mentioned in this post, the editing that had to go on for this picture to work. In the above edit, I used 'paint' to color dad's arm out of view. That way I could keep the picture upright. I had so much fun that I decided to try and give the whole photo the appearance of a painting. I think it turned out a little Norman Rockwell-ish. :)




6 comments:
You are going to need to start Kammy on "Hank, the Cowdog"
I think they're ALL great! The tracks and country side make a terrific setting, the old suitcase adds a fun touch of character, and of course the adorable little ones makes for some real prize winners! I love 'em!!
They're all great! I love the "vintage" effect.
The pictures are all PERFECT! Did you use a tripod or did someone you know take them for you? And who needs professional when they turn out that good? By the way, what kind of camera do you use?
Thank you Crystal, my dad was with us and he took the pictures that I was in. I have a cheap ($130) Canon.
What gorgeous pictures!! Those girls are just so precious!!
Jessica
Post a Comment