Thursday, August 5, 2010

Going to a Rooster Party!


You would think I would go to a Hen Party, being I am a 'hen' myself. I'm really hoping I don't feel out of place with all those Roosters! Barb over at, Bella Vista has put together her second annual Rooster Party and I'm in love! I started collecting nearly 20 years ago.

The salt and pepper shaker was a Christmas gift from my brother and his family a few years ago.

Hubby bought me this barn 'bird-cage' at a furniture store when we first moved to Idaho about 12 years ago.

My dining room is done in blue and white so you know I couldn't resist this guy when I saw him at Ross.

I'm including this picture because the plate has a picture of my mother as just a little girl...feeding the chickens!

I picked up the rooster thirsty-stone just this past week at the trift store. The little "Hapily Hen-pecked" rooster was a shower gift.

Some more treasures that came from my hope chest.

And last of all, something you've probably seen before if you frequent my blog at all. Hubby recently made me some barn wood frames for the tea towels my grandma made me when I married.

I love my roosters, chicks, and hens!

Photobucket

15 comments:

Barb

I am going to link you up right now, sweetie.

Be right back :-)

Barb

Okay, you are ready to go. Yay!!!

Your roosters are just charming. Thank you so much for joining and sharing with us today.

Have a wonderful time.

Hugs, Barb ♥

KeyholeKayla

Aww...thanks Barb! You didn't have to do that. I know I'm late!

RicKaren

Oops! That was me posting on my daughter's account! I didn't realize she's been on my computer. Karen

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio

What a great collection ! I love that you have a photo of your mama with chickens, that is really special.

KeyholeKayla

You have such a cute kitchen. I love chickens.

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK

What lovely country rooster figurines and such a sweet family. Have a blessed week. :)

Keetha Broyles

I've never seen a barn bird cage before! Very interesting and unique.

Irma's Rose Cottage

Loved your Rooster Party!

Irma :)

shannon i olson

Great roosters...that aint a bad lookin' pie there either!

Unknown

Hi Karen,
What a charming post and blog you have!

I have family in the Boise Idaho area and have a fondness for that state (I grew up in Washington)! I also am the oldest of four girls. So it touched me that you are a mom of 4 girls!

Have a blessed day!
Lorena

Dorothy

Karen, very creative displays. The little chicks are sooo cute.

I agree with Shannon...YUM...on the pie!

Marigene

You have created wonderful displays for your fowl friends...thanks for sharing.

KathyB.

You have some very nice roosters and you have displayed them so creatively ~ I have enjoyed your family blog and your tribute to your "35 year old" , happy birthday to him!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating

I have finally made it to the 'T' blogs for the rooster party this week!! You have a nice collection of roosters! I love the all white one!

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27