"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this nation was founded, not by religionists, but by christians, not on religions, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ."
"The hope of a christian is inseperable from his faith. Whoever believes in the divine inspiration of the Holy Scriptures, must hope that the religion of Jesus Christ shall prevail throughout the earth."Now, all this being said...I am a christian mother who feels very strongly and is very concerned about the future of our country and the freedoms of it's people (both my children and yours.) I believe that it is noble and good to participate in every possibile effort to maintain and re-establish the principles this great country was founded on--not the least of which is earnest prayer. However, I fear some overlook a greater freedom we should be fighting for--that of freedom for the souls of our children. The greatest and most dangerous bondage is that of sin. I would rather have my children enslaved in chains physically than spiritually--truly I would. I am thankful beyond measure for the bravery of those men who fight for my cherished freedoms, but I want my children to know that once there was a man who laid on himself the sin of the whole world and all time. He died and with him, sin was buried; He rose and with him rose hope that even in an uncertain tomorrow, we are assured freedom just for the asking! For a nation to have known freedom and to return to oppression, is no worse than for a soul that has known freedom to return to the slavery of sin. Both have backslidden and taken for granted the gift. They have laughed in the face of the giver--and I fear for the both of them.



2 comments:
Very true. Really appreciated the great quotes in your post. Thanks for this thoughful post.
What profound thoughts! I completely agree!
Post a Comment