Thursday, May 20, 2010

Lighting up my life...

...well my bedroom anyway. I had a little lamp in there that wasn't nearly tall enough to read by so when I saw this tall skinny thing (there's something I always dreamt of being) on sale at Kammy's favorite store (Walmart) I grabbed it up. She didn't come with a shade but I thought this one would work, especially after I added a bit of trim.
I was sick to death of the battenburg lace doilies that have been on our dresser and end table since the beginning of married time, so when hubby told me the other day that he has NEVER liked them...I decided it was time for something different. I'm bad about leaving things the same f.o.r.e.v.e.r. I never even re-arrange the furniture. Weird huh? Maybe it has something to do with my strong dislike for chocolate. I mean, I have had the same shower curtain in the guest bath for 10+ years now...it still looks brand new, so I find it hard to justify change. Come to think of it, I've had the same man for a long time now too...anyway, I digress. Placemats are great to use in place of doilies...the perfect size, and they don't slip around either.
I couldn't help but adding a bit of trim to the ends of them too.

Not much of a change, but it doesn't take much to 'brighten' up a spot...ya know.
Oh! I almost forgot to tell you about the best part of my shopping trip yesterday...nope, not the groceries...the NICE, REALLY NICE lady in the checkout line in front of me. You will not believe what she said. "Aww...it's so nice to see big sister take the young ones and do the shopping for mom!" I really could have hugged the lady...bless her heart!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27