Ever notice that when you live somewhere, you go somewhere else for fun? For vacation? For date night? Even for dining out? I guess it's the old, "grass is always greener on the other side" adage. Last night, we needed to do some 'secret mission' errands without the kids and who's going to pass up the opportunity to make it a date?
Not me.
I love downtown Nampa. The place is just loaded with history and old romantic charm. I love old train depots, and this one has even more character than most. They say that back in the day, men used to arrive in Nampa, deboard the train here and literally fall under conviction. This was due to the strong influence of the early Nazarene church in this area.
The architecture is amazing!
Check out the columns and carvings on 'my' post office...
...and here we are in front of the depot. The poor lady driving by didn't notice the little camera on the wall and I think she thought we were a little nutty for posing in front of the building with no one else around.
Hubby especially likes the luggage doors...they are the big green ones behind that little old lady on the bench there.
Can't you just see the old Wells Fargo stage arriving here with the lastest silver shipment from Silver City, Idaho? Or maybe a hold-up? (Hope they caught the bad guys!)
There are antique shops galore (with prices you WON'T adore) and the most awesome little coffee shop, which isn't little at all. Flying M Coffee Garage is an old firestone tire shop which I'm pretty sure my Grammies frequented years ago. The decor is beyond Shabby Chic...it's Shabby Hick. But they have the bestest coffee!




0 comments:
Post a Comment