Kayla and I attending a Dutch Bros drive thru therapy class. Haha! Not really, but the coffee did help!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First laundry soap batch of the year.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A real Christian is an odd number, anyway.
He feels supreme love for One whom he has never seen;
talks familiarly everyday to someone he cannot see; expects to go to heaven on the virtue of another; empties himself in order to be full;
admits he is wrong so he can be declared right; goes down in order to get up;
is strongest when he is weakest; richest when he is poorest; happiest when he feels the worst. He dies so he can live;...
forsakes in order to have; gives away so he can keep; sees the invisible;
hears the inaudible;
and knows that which passeth knowledge.
Tozer
He feels supreme love for One whom he has never seen;
talks familiarly everyday to someone he cannot see; expects to go to heaven on the virtue of another; empties himself in order to be full;
admits he is wrong so he can be declared right; goes down in order to get up;
is strongest when he is weakest; richest when he is poorest; happiest when he feels the worst. He dies so he can live;...
forsakes in order to have; gives away so he can keep; sees the invisible;
hears the inaudible;
and knows that which passeth knowledge.
Tozer
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I read this “somewhere” today and thought it was worth sharing. The assignment was for a school Missions class, and was to write about a time you gave anonymously. This may take some of the anonymity away, but not from those to whom the gift was given. ❤️
Anonymous Gift, Unanimous Joy
————————————————
Sometimes giving a gift, even one no one knows you gave, has more of a blessing impact on the giver than the receiver. An anonymous gift often comes back to you, though not always in a material or physical form. The old saying “No good deed goes unpunished” really is absurd. Perhaps we could modify it to go like this; “No good deed goes unappreciated, unknown, unnoticed, or unblessed.” This really is more accurate.
I work at a local nursing home here in the Treasure Valley, a true 'treasure' in and of itself full of wonderful people, both the residents and many of the workers alike. Many a pleasant hour of mine has been spent in my work there as Activities Assistant. I get to run programs such as BINGO, board games, manicures, trivia, and Movie nights. Due to my school schedule, I'm only able to work two evenings a week and don't often get to help out with the monthly outings. However, while helping to organize a trip to Walmart last week, I came to the realization that many of the elderly people living in the home are extremely low on funds, most of their monthly checks going to pay for their room and board and the food with which they are supplied. I noticed that several of my senior friends who would have liked to go shopping with the others were unable to do so because of financial problems. Mentioning the concern to my family, we decided to make an anonymous donation to the home specifically given for those less fortunate, just so they could have a little fun, go out for lunch, or buy a little something. You would be surprised how something that small can ripple, how much a person will appreciate that little gift.
Together, my family and I were able to give over one hundred dollars, managed to do it without anyone knowing it came from us and even got to see it in action. I was able to go with my boss and nine of our residents on our company bus to Walmart, another fun story for another time. While those we took with us had their own money, we were able to use the donation money to purchase a little something for some of those back at the nursing home who weren't able to come. This thrilled them! It meant a lot that someone had thought of them, had done something just for them.
But do you know what? I think I was moved even more than those surprised people. I got to see the reactions, the looks of joy and the realization that 'somebody' had made it possible for them to be involved, not in something big, but in something blissfully ordinary, something they no longer had the ability to do for themselves. It didn't matter that no one knew who it came from; all that mattered was that everyone involved was blessed in some way or another.
We all agreed; it had been a good day. Unanimously, anonymously, a very good day.
Written by: “Anony-moose.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Anonymous Gift, Unanimous Joy
————————————————
Sometimes giving a gift, even one no one knows you gave, has more of a blessing impact on the giver than the receiver. An anonymous gift often comes back to you, though not always in a material or physical form. The old saying “No good deed goes unpunished” really is absurd. Perhaps we could modify it to go like this; “No good deed goes unappreciated, unknown, unnoticed, or unblessed.” This really is more accurate.
I work at a local nursing home here in the Treasure Valley, a true 'treasure' in and of itself full of wonderful people, both the residents and many of the workers alike. Many a pleasant hour of mine has been spent in my work there as Activities Assistant. I get to run programs such as BINGO, board games, manicures, trivia, and Movie nights. Due to my school schedule, I'm only able to work two evenings a week and don't often get to help out with the monthly outings. However, while helping to organize a trip to Walmart last week, I came to the realization that many of the elderly people living in the home are extremely low on funds, most of their monthly checks going to pay for their room and board and the food with which they are supplied. I noticed that several of my senior friends who would have liked to go shopping with the others were unable to do so because of financial problems. Mentioning the concern to my family, we decided to make an anonymous donation to the home specifically given for those less fortunate, just so they could have a little fun, go out for lunch, or buy a little something. You would be surprised how something that small can ripple, how much a person will appreciate that little gift.
Together, my family and I were able to give over one hundred dollars, managed to do it without anyone knowing it came from us and even got to see it in action. I was able to go with my boss and nine of our residents on our company bus to Walmart, another fun story for another time. While those we took with us had their own money, we were able to use the donation money to purchase a little something for some of those back at the nursing home who weren't able to come. This thrilled them! It meant a lot that someone had thought of them, had done something just for them.
But do you know what? I think I was moved even more than those surprised people. I got to see the reactions, the looks of joy and the realization that 'somebody' had made it possible for them to be involved, not in something big, but in something blissfully ordinary, something they no longer had the ability to do for themselves. It didn't matter that no one knew who it came from; all that mattered was that everyone involved was blessed in some way or another.
We all agreed; it had been a good day. Unanimously, anonymously, a very good day.
Written by: “Anony-moose.”
"Whenever you did it for any of my people, no matter how unimportant they seemed, you did it for me.".
Kaderick built a model of our house. He included Easter decorations on the roof and a big sign proclaiming it is “Home of Bork & God.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------







0 comments:
Post a Comment