This is bound to be quite the blog casserole. You never know what might get thrown in here. Our yard is looking pretty amazing with flowers and pretty green.
The gazebo is the coolest place to sit and relax, but who are we kidding?? Every time I sit down I think of 37 things that need done and 14 things to add to my grocery list.
We have a larger space for gardening this year since Rick and I moved about 30 rose bushes and the rose garden is now a veggie garden. We lost a few of the roses in the transplant, but we still have 29 so I think we're good. The rose garden was beautiful, but maybe not so practical. Rick also installed sprinklers all over the garden area for automatic watering and I'm not missing the part about hauling hoses every day. I'm either blessed or spoiled or maybe a bit of both.
Memorial Day was the most relaxing day we've had together in a long time and honestly I can't even remember what we did besides grilling and chilling.
Kayla and I celebrated our birthdays together on my birthday since she worked on hers. Kalli made us some super amazing gyros and grandma and grandpa brought icecream cake!
Hubby and I went to Savers and celebrated Dave Ramsey style. I have wanted a soup tureen most of our married life. I just hate serving soups out of a pot and I found this sweet chicken tureen complete with spoon for $4.99!! Perfect for beans and rice or rice and beans as Dave would say.
When Kayla's birthday arrived, we let her think the celebrating was over and then as soon as she left for work Kalli and I scurried around and made her favorite fried rice and sweet and sour chicken to take to work for everyone. Of course there were also egg rolls and for dessert, brownies with peanut butter cream cheese icing. Daddy bought her flowers.
Kayla and a few sisters getting coffee earlier in the day.
Kammy is doing amazing with her brace! Never one complaint and we were up to 20 hours a day almost immediately.
She said she can endure anything if she can just still ride horses and ride she does!!
Little dude has recently began suffering from seasonal allergies. It's really ugly. He loves to play outside and has had to be indoors almost nonstop since memorial day. He has a checkup next week so we will see what the doc says.
If we thought things were going to slow down when school was out, we were so wrong. Kayla and Kalli both working, Kammy's riding lessons, Kalli's piano lessons, grandma to take care of, Rick and I going to Seattle in a few weeks, dr appointments, a camping trip coming up and a flying trip for all seven of us to church camp in Tennessee just around the corner in August will lead us right into back-to-school.













0 comments:
Post a Comment