Sunday, March 25, 2018

Marching on!

It's hard to believe that March is almost over! Time just keeps marching! The following will be a brief review of highlights from our week.

Monday morning:
Kaderick at 6:30: Can I get up?
Mommy: If you promise not to be grumpy.
Kaderick: Sighs and goes back to bed.


Also on Monday morning, Kayla Bork and I met daddy downtown for cardiology and breakfast. I think we had a mostly positive day. Kayla will have an echo and be wearing a heart monitor to rule out anything more serious, but from all appearances so far, it looks to “just” be “inappropriate sinus tachycardia.” Perhaps caused by the hole (PFO) in her heart, and perhaps not, Meaning, that everyone has “appropriate” racing heart at times, in reaction to certain situations, but hers does it at inappropriate times as well. Some people are just prone to this for unknown reasons, and it comes and goes randomly throughout life. The symptoms are usually treatable with medication or “simple” procedures. He changed her medication up a bit in hopes of eliminating the nasty side effects and we will know more in the next few weeks. 


We have a nice big sink in our laundry room in which the girls and I like to wash our hair. So, I was bent over, washing my hair and my husband came in the back door and spoke to me and then patted me on the backside. I replied to him and he didn’t speak again, just stood there and kept touching me in a rather odd way. Every time I moved a little, he patted again. Kinda weird, but okay.....whatever. I kept talking to him, but he was strangely quiet. Something didn't quite add up, but he's the only one who pats me there, so it had to be him, right? When I was done with my hair, I turned around and looked at him and he had turned into a mop. The real hubby was nowhere to be found and I’d had a whole conversation with my mop which hung on the wall behind me and patted me on the backside.
 
 
My verse this week. When there is too much to do, and to many people counting on you for something, sometimes you have to just take a deep breath and remember that you can only do so much and Jesus said that's okay.

 
Rick finished the porch and front door area this week. I just love it. He did all the cedar work and then I got the paint and décor job as per usual. The happy home is no happier, the family no more content, and nothing is sweeter than before; yet, we have thoroughly enjoyed making this place our vision of beautiful! 
 
 
And then to remind you, here is the before picture.
 
 
And on Palm Sunday, looking toward Easter, I'll leave you with a favorite quote of mine. This is my desire; to simply be used of Jesus in humble ways.
Corrie ten Boom was once asked if it was difficult for her to remain humble. Her reply was simple.
 "When Jesus rode into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday on the back of a donkey, and everyone was waving palm branches and throwing garments on the road, and singing praises, do you think that for one moment it ever entered the head of that donkey that any of that was for him?" She continued, "If I can be the donkey on which Jesus Christ rides in His glory, I give him all the praise and all the honor."




 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27