Sunday, March 11, 2018

Doors

We're working on a project involving our front door. It's a long story, but the entryway of our house is kind of dark and gloomy so we got a door with a small window in it and have ordered a separate window to match that will go beside it and replace the existing one which is an ugly amber color and doesn't open. I currently have the old window covered with a chalkboard sign, but I'm looking forward to all the glorious sunshine and warm breezes that will be coming in this spring. Anyway, Rick put the door in Saturday while Kalli and I washed all the windows. It was a beautiful day. That afternoon, I posted pictures of the old door on facebook and offered for locals to come and pick it up. I jokingly said that if someone didn't get it, Rick would have to use it as a sermon illustration. I had asked Rick about posting it, but didn't mention to him what I said about the illustration/sermon and he didn't read it, so I was pretty surprised when the Sunday sermon was about non other than doors! After church Kaderick said he didn't get the point of what was so great about doors, so he preached his own little message. It was pretty good for 5 years old. He had several points about God loving us and always being with us, but by the end of the message he was in the brush and talking about eating cake for dessert.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't you just love daylight savings time?
In an attempt to lessen the morning pain of DST, I went around the house at 5pm Saturday changing all the clocks to 6pm. By the time I was done it really was 6pm, so there's two hours of my life I'll never get back.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prayer is greatly appreciated for our Kayla Pooh. They sent her to the ER from work one afternoon last week with tachycardia, lightheadedness and extremely high BP. This after some kind of allergic reaction several times earlier in the week. Not sure what's up here, but prayers are always a good thing. They were concerned enough that they referred her to a cardiologist and put her on beta blockers.
I've been claiming the promise God gave me when she was 4 years old and suffering from Rolandic Epilepsy. I do believe it is still good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kaderick had a dermatology appointment this week. He calls his dr “Spot” because dr checks on Kade's spots. Kaderick asked Dr Spot how old he was and dr told him to guess so Kade guessed, “85?” Dr is actually 46, but he told Kade the 85 was correct and it was a good thing he was a dermatologist because he could get lots of Botox. LOL
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lastly, and you'll want to use discretion when reading this, but it's just too funny and boyish not to share....
Kaderick was taking a while in the bathroom and so Kalli said, "Kaderick, are you done yet?" He replied, "Well, I thought I was, but now I think I have a cliffhanger."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, with that, I'd better close the door on this blog post. We were blessed once again with the sweet presence of Jesus in our services today. He is so good to us to lift and cheer us just when we need it most. We're not talented when it comes to singing, but I've been working with the family and trying to teach and learn some parts, etc. Kayla sang the following with Rick and I this morning and it was a blessing to everyone.
 
Life is easy, when you're upon the mountain. And you've got piece of mind, like you've never known. But things change, and you're down in the valley. Don't lose faith child, you're never alone.

We talk of faith when, we're upon the mountain. But the talk comes easy, when lifes at its best. But its down in the valley, of trials, and temptation. That's when faith is, really put to the test.
 
You feel like shouting when you're up on the mountain, Where the spirit is speaking and the cool breezes blow. We'd like to stay there forever and ever, but the fruit grows, in the valley below.

For the God on the mountain, is still God in the valley. When things go wrong, He'll make them right. And the God of the good times, is still God in the bad times. The God of the day, is still God in the night.
Love and prayers for all of you!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27