My little postage stamp garden has flourished beyond belief this summer. I really can't begin to say how nice it is to have these fresh veggies so near and easy to gather.
Every day, there is a basket like this or larger of yumminess.
I have two cucumber plants and not only have we enjoyed fresh cucumber salad, cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches, and lots of cucumbers on our salads, I've been able to put up 30 jars of cucumber cinnamon rings.
When the leaves begin to turn, it's my signal that it's time to bring out the fall décor and start prepping for school. Sunflowers are my favorite fall flower, and I have some very lovely ones this year. Outside, the taller ones have officially reached a higher point than the peak of our roof. I've never seen them get quite so tall!
I bought a few bouquets of sunflowers from the dollar store and sprinkled them throughout the house. Cheap and easy.
The pretty white ceramic basket is new to me this year. It called to me from a shelf at the thrift store as I was passing by.
I really love the way the hutch looks with it's sunny fall touches. The weather has been just gorgeous lately and I'm not missing the heat at all.
The praying hands were given to us by a new couple in our church.
Kaderick loves to play with these little toys called plus plus. They are similar to legos in a way. He made me a rooster for my kitchen using them and when your son does that, with his special toys, you give it a very special place above your sink where you can see it and enjoy it often.
Now, here is perhaps the most unbelievable news of the week month year. Kaite talked her daddy into getting her a kitten. Truth be told, she didn't even have to talk very hard. Daddy is a real softie where his little girls are concerned. It's actually pretty cute to see him like putty in their hands. Kaite is still so tiny and such a daddies girl. He's always claimed allergies, which I think most people or at least many people have when it comes to cats. I too, am quite allergic. However, Princess Gigi, as Kaite named her, stays outdoors and as long as we wash before touching our faces, we've all done just fine. We were also told that lighter colored cats, cause less allergies, so we were sure to go with light. Gigi seems to love daddy which kinda makes me giggle. I think he likes her too, more than he ever dreamed he'd like a cat.
Kaite spends as much of her days as possible, snuggling with her spoiled baby kitty.
Gigi does not like Mini very well yet. Mini loves her and wants to play guardian to her, but it's going to take some time for Gigi to warm up to that idea. She prefers to watch the dog from inside the gazebo.
I'm not crazy about cats myself, but she is kinda cute to watch play.
We recently spent the evening with Loomis at the annual company picnic. Kaderick tried soda for the first time ever. Haha! I know....I'm a bad mom. He wasn't actually that crazy about it. He said it was "spicy" and his face was hilarious!
He's getting better and better at his golf swing.
Rick put in new bedroom carpet at my parents this week. It looks so nice and they are so happy with it. Rick is such a kind hearted person. I told someone this week, without reservation, that he'd do the same for anyone. It does make me happy to know that he loves my parents, both for them and for my sake. Seems that is something that should be so elementary, and yet is so rare in "in-law-dom."
Here's a Kaderick funny that I couldn't resist. I came in the living room to find that he had his sisters dolls, sans clothing, all lined up with their bottoms in the air. When I inquired (not entirely sure I wanted to know) he told me that, and I quote, "They are using their poop to cannon at bad guys." I'm told that this behavior is a boy thing and is entirely normal. However; as an all girl mom to this point, I'm still shaking my head in disbelief.
The next post you see just might have something to do with school. We begin in just a few days. Kaderick is my most excited student, and at four, he's not even a student yet. We did get him a few supplies and some beginner work books. He is over the moon about it. He's holding up his crayon box here and he told me that it is a little "translucent."
Okay, I give. Any boy who knows how to use that word correctly, just might be ready for school.






















0 comments:
Post a Comment