Monday, August 28, 2017

Ahoy Matey!

 
 
Our little first mate is growing way too fast, just exactly like he is supposed to do. I have always taken each of the children's pictures around their birthday, but with Kaderick's being so close to Christmas and in the cold of winter, I early on got in the habit of taking his each fall. He always gets another one around his birthday, but it's more casual...less work.
Kalli recently bought a big tub for bathing Mini, and of course, momma kinda took right up on that great opportunity. It made the cutest little sailboat. Daddy nailed a couple of sticks together on a little stand and the sail fabric is a scarf fastened with hair bands. Kaderick had a great time playing, and momma just snapped away.
 


 
Kaderick is still a busy school boy. Today, he drew a T-Rex and I thought did quite well for 4 1/2
 
 
The girls and I did a 1,000 piece puzzle this summer and we came up one piece short. We waited for a while, thinking it would show up and it never did, so I finally made one from cardboard and painted it to match. You'll never guess which one it is, but if you feel challenged by that, go ahead and try. We thought it was so pretty, that we mod podged it and then I had the idea to frame it in a bike tire. I think it turned out pretty cute and it's a fun memory of some long hot afternoons we spent together keeping our cool and losing a piece of the puzzle. Or whatever. I'm feeling less inspired the longer I type. Smile.

 
 


1 comments:

Nicki

The boys and I did a Norman Rockwell puzzle years ago. Like you, we were one piece short. I had the box so I scanned it into the computer,printed the area out, cut a piece of cardboard and pasted the printed piece on. Don't think I'd have attempted to paint a piece like you did, but unless you know which one it is it is pretty hard to spot.

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27