Sunday, June 11, 2017

The Colors

 
As long as I can remember, I've had a thing for America. I love anything patriotic. Summer; from Memorial Day right on through Independence Day just says American summer to me. I like to add summer to our house with touches of red, white and blue. All I spent to do this was a dollar for a pack of small flags from the Dollar Tree.
In this clear vase, I just put some "pop it" fireworks and a few old wooden thread spools.

 
On our old door--was in my parents house when I was a small girl--I hung a handmade from scraps/jean pockets banner.

 
Here I just stuck some red geraniums (one of my favorite summer flowers) in with the white and added another flag. The vintage hymn book on top of the stack has a Christian flag on it and says. "Hymns of Conquest." I find it appropriate for this season of remembering those who have fought for our country.

 
The little fire truck was Rick's when we was a little guy so it is special to us.

 
The ball glove was also my husbands.

 
Once again, just a flag. The picture on the plate is of my great grandparents.

 
The old Coca-Cola box was here at the house when we moved here. I just gave it a fresh coat of paint and added some flowers, a flag and a couple of coke bottles. I've had the coke bottles here since a bridal shower I did for a friend a few years ago. Yeah...we aren't heavy drinkers.

 
I'm really still loving the cedar shutters and window boxes the hubby made me last spring. He's a pretty handy guy to keep around.

 
Here's my one new item. The cowbell was from my parents for my birthday. I'd say they know my taste.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27