Sunday, June 11, 2017

My Summer Paradise

Welcome to my summer paradise where cool shade, green grass and literally hundreds of blooms abound.
 
 
I get that not everyone is into the whole "getting one with nature" thing, but for me there is nothing quite like time spent in the yard and garden. It's good for the body and refreshes the spirit and soul.
 
 
 
 
Above are just a few of the rose in bloom today. There are 42 rose bushes and I dearly love each one.
 
 
While the roses bloom all summer long, the peonies above are short lived and only grace us with their beauty for a few short weeks. We especially love bringing blooms in from the outdoors and cheering up the dining table. We can have a fresh bouquet each day and many to share.
 
 
One of my favorite roses...I have lots of favorites though.
 
 
Roses on the table.
 
 
The clematis bloom for a few months and are a lovely purple color. One color we DON'T have in a rose.
 
 
I love these pretty champagne colored roses. They are all on one stem here and I found that amazing. I didn't cut them, but they would have made a perfect ready made bouquet.
 
 
The rose garden and beyond that the vegetable garden. This bench is a popular spot. Even Mini loves lying nearby.
 
 
 
This is one of my favorite bouquets to date.
 
 
We even enjoy the clothesline.
There is more....strawberries, blackberries, herbs and more but I've chattered on long enough.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27