We have both been so busy that the bathroom progress has come to a crawling halt. I would say a screeching halt, but you'd have to be moving faster than we have been to screech when you stop. I am very excited about the progress we (mostly Rick) have made though. I think if we could actually find a week or so to work nonstop we might get 'er done.
Kayla is on break from college classes until June 4th. She's taking a summer semester and following that up with a very full fall semester. She is doing excellent! I mean, really??? Who gets a 100% in microbiology. Of course, most of her Math is that way too, but that's so routine, she doesn't even get excited about it anymore.
Meanwhile, she's still a favorite CNA at Kindred. Here she is all ready for work on "Sports Day" of National Nursing Home Week.
This little guy is such a fun bright spot in our lives. He loved "helping" me plant the garden this spring. He was more trouble than he was worth, but I love him to pieces!
We had a very large group here after Easter Sunday morning service for dinner and a kiddo egg hunt. About a week later, he found an overlooked egg in the yard. Much to one of his sister's horror, he began to eat the chocolate he found inside. "Kaderick! You aren't eating that are you?"
He replied, "No....I'm just licking it. It's like chapstick for my tongue."
Speaking of Easter and eggs...I was bent over doing some yard work the other day and Kaderick stepped out hollering back to his sisters. "Hey, guys....there's a giant easter egg in the front yard! Oh, no...wait! Nevermind, it's just mommy's behind!" Stinker! He knew it was me the whole time. He's such a little tease for four years old!
Tomorrow will begin Kammy's last week of school. Kaite finished this week. Kalli will be done soon as well. We are later completing this year, but it seems like the older they get, or maybe the older the teacher gets, the "behinder" we get. Haha! Anyway, I love this sentence from Kammy's schoolwork. She pretty much just hit the nail on the head. I'm making this my "theme sentence." I want to be a Christian to the core, or to the central and most essential part!
Kaite was assigned to write a short note to her mother the other day and she wrote, "Dear Mother, Thank you for marrying daddy because I love him. And I love you too."
I was totally fine with being the afterthought. I love that I've taught my girls to idolize their daddy. If they choose their husbands based on how daddy has taught them to believe a lady should be treated, they will choose well!
There's that beautiful baby garden!
You know that the school year is almost over when the erasers are all worn off the tops of your pencils. Smile.
A recent field trip found us at the Discovery Center of Idaho visiting a REAL dinosaur fossil. To say that Kaderick LOVED that would be a great understatement!
Flier from Easter Sunday! We had a wonderful time worshiping our RISEN SAVIOUR!
Shaving cream eggs...they turned out so pretty!
Peanut Butter Eggs. My mother-in-law allowed me to assist her in making something similar to these the first Easter Rick and I were married and it has become a tradition to make these each year.
My bleeding heart is blooming! Love it. Are we seeing a pattern here?
Easter Sunday dessert cups. They were so easy for a large group.
I got to take some fun pictures of this sweet boy! His grandma is a long time friend of mine. How is it that friends of mine are grandparents!!??
We didn't get the best pictures on Easter, but this is us! I love us!
My right ankle has been swelling and I've had some yucky stuff going on physically this spring so one of my assignments has been to keep my feet up. The hammock works pretty well for that and I love the view and the crisp spring air...also the sounds of my kids playing nearby. I admit, I haven't spent as much time here as the dr would like, but personally, I'm more concerned with fixing the problem than just the symptoms.
Sometimes somewhere during the night, baby bear sometimes decides that momma bears bed is just right. Here someone caught us in the morning with baby bear still there.
He tries to come up with all kinds of "reasons" why he should sleep with mommy. One of the most recent was, "....but daddy is a snicklefritz and he's not very smart and he won't even protect you!"
Some of my pretty flowers in the window box hubby made me for Mother's Day last year.
We love, love, love cooking with fresh herbs at our house! I love this herb garden~another product from my husbands talented hands.
My backyard is the most peaceful place.
Window box on the shed.
My iris' are blooming, the roses (all 42 bushes) and peonies are not far behind. The strawberries and blackberries are loaded with buds and there are many baby flowers and other plants just peeking through the earth. The kids and I love yard work and hubby willingly supports our addiction. I don't think he minds the beauty or the fruits of harvest. Smile.
























0 comments:
Post a Comment