We had a lovely Easter Day. Below are some excerpts from our easter program.
Prelude: I’m Free
Opening Prayer/Remarks
Jesus Paid it All-Congregation Song
I hear the Savior say,
“Thy strength indeed is small;
Child of weakness, watch and pray,
Find in Me thine all in all.”
Chorus
Jesus paid it all,
All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.
Lord, now indeed I find
Thy power and Thine alone,
Can change the leper’s spots
And melt the heart of stone.
For nothing good have I
Whereby Thy grace to claim,
I’ll wash my garments white
In the blood of Calv’ry’s Lamb.
And when before the throne
I stand in Him complete,
Jesus died my soul to save
My lips shall still repeat.
.
Pastor:
The NLT of the Bible in I Peter 1:18-19 says:
For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And the ransom he paid was not mere gold or silver. It was the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God.
Pass out small wooden crosses
Pastor: We will be passing out some things throughout the program at different times and at the end it will come together with a special meaning as we close the Easter program. Please hold on to them through the service and wait for instructions as to what to do with them, and when.
Childs part (crown)
For ye are bought with a price… (1Co 6:20a)
"Your crown has been bought and paid for. All you have to do is put it on your head and wear it with pride."
Childs part (coins)
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Rom 6:23)
Our Lord went up that hill, and freely gave his all.
But it wasn't for his sins, it was so I wouldn't fall.
He could've said "I've not sinned, I will not go."
But he chose to be nailed to a cross, for a debt he did not owe.
Jesus paid a debt, that he did not owe.
For I owed a debt, that I could not pay.
While on the cross, His blood did flow.
And paid for our sins, on the cross that day.
He Paid a Debt-children
He paid a debt He did not owe;
I owed a debt I could not pay;
I needed someone to wash my sins away.
And, now, I sing a brand new song,
“Amazing Grace.”
Christ Jesus paid a debt that I could never pay.
He paid that debt at Calvary.
He cleansed my soul and set me free.
I'm glad that Jesus did all my sins erase.
I, now, can sing a brand new song,
“Amazing Grace.”
Christ Jesus paid a debt that I could never pay.
One day He's coming back for me
To live with Him eternally.
Won't it be glory to see Him on that day!
I, then, will sing a brand new song,
“Amazing Grace.”
Christ Jesus paid a debt that I could never pay.
Youth part (Pardon)
The Courtroom
The courtroom was silent as the judge walked in
Order in the court, I was on trial for my sin.
The Holy Spirit brought me forward and began to make his plea
As the judge carefully listened and then found me guilty.
The verdict was guilty and I had to pay
The sentence it was death, there was no other way.
But just as they began to lead me away,
The judge's son stood up and said,
There's something I must say.
There is some evidence, I have for this case
As he stepped up to the bar, to speak in my place
That death is required, let there be no mistake
But the price was paid on Calvary. When I took his place.
Oh, I thank God it was settled long ago
In the courtroom of my soul
The case has been dismissed,
In my heart there's no debate
For God signed my pardon, "Saved by Grace!"
Pass out small papers with "pardon" written on them.
Special Song:
Jesus Signed My Pardon
I was in sin's prison, oh, so dark and cold
Like a lost sheep wandering from God's eternal fold;
Then the door swung open, and He spoke to me
"I have signed your pardon, now you may go free."
Chorus:
Jesus signed my pardon, this I surely know
Took my place at Calvary, now I won't have to go;
All my life I'll give to Him - He gave His for me
When He signed my pardon there at Calvary.
Since the Savior led me from that awful place
I can hear the angels as they sing Amazing Grace;
I know I was pardoned from my sin and shame
When I joined them singing, "Glory to His name."
Life is now worth living since I've been set free
I'm so glad He’s willing to save a wretch like me;
Now I have a mansion, not a prison wall
Jesus signed my pardon, Jesus paid it all.
Chorus:
Jesus signed my pardon, this I surely know
Took my place at Calvary, now I won't have to go;
All my life I'll give to Him - He gave His for me
Jesus signed my pardon Jesus paid it all.
Youth part (Nails)
Nail It To The Cross
Is there something in your heart - between you and the Lord
Are you drifting apart - not as close anymore
There's nothing you can do - that He will not forgive
Bring it to the cross - let it die so you can live
Nail it to the cross - get it under the blood
Drown your pain and every stain in the mercy flood
Nail it to the cross - find hope and forgiveness
Kneel at the tree and walk away free - Nail it to the cross
Is there a burden you bear that's got you battered and bound
Struggling for strength, do you long to lay it down?
Don't take another step, just kneel where you stand
Lay it at the cross and take the hammer in your hand
Nail it to the cross
Pass out nails
(Nail it to the Cross background music)
Pastoral Remarks/Cross object lesson
The message we want to convey here this morning is really very simple. If you get nothing else, please get this.
Saint or sinner, rich or poor, whether your life is going smoothly this morning or whether it is full of problems and struggles, we all need to hear this and follow these instructions…not just in a ceremonial way as we celebrate Easter another year but in our hearts and minds, truly and prayerfully.
Now for a few moments I want to invite us all to stand and prayerfully bow our heads. Hold, your crosses, pardons, and nails.
Jesus is here this morning. He has this amazing ability to look down everywhere and attend countless Easter services at the same time. Even more amazing to me the Bible tells us that he cares about every one of us more personally even than our own mothers or fathers, spouses or even our kids can do. He wants us all to nail our burdens (whatever they are) sins, battles, struggles of any kind, to His cross and give them all to Him. He paid the price for all of it when He died on Calvary so long ago. He arose again, and now He is looking down on us just now as we pray…and he is ready to hear YOUR prayer. Please join me as I pray. Talk to Him from your heart.
Now, as we continue here for a few minutes of silent prayer and meditation. With purpose, place your pardon on your cross and fasten it with your nail.

Background music concludes:
Message: Paid In Full
Closing song.
It is Well
My sin—oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!—
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
Refrain:
It is well (It is well) with my soul (with my soul),
It is well, it is well with my soul.
Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ hath regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
Refrain:
It is well (It is well) with my soul (with my soul),
It is well, it is well with my soul.
Getting ready for Sunday School.
Yarn and paste eggs the girls and I made at the beginning of the easter season. We made a "banner" out of them. Then we also made a bunny banner by painting little bunnies on burlap pennants and using small cotton balls for their tails.
We colored eggs the easiest and most fun way this year. With crayons! The kids had a blast letting their imaginations run free. I especially liked the part about it not being messy at all. The slightly warm eggs melt the crayons just perfectly!
Jello eggs. They are a tradition. I make them every year for the kids. My mother always made them for me. Of course, we also had deviled eggs and literally tons of other food. We are already suffering photo overload here though, so I will spare you.
Here's a recipe I've used for years and years and we all really love! This time I did it with lemon, but the strawberry is delicious, as well as blackberry. All you have to do is change out the yogurt and jello flavors for some variety. It's smooth and creamy and a favorite of my family.
Ingredients

2-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 36 squares) 
6 tablespoons sugar 
10 tablespoons butter, melted 
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened 1 cup confectioners' sugar 
2 cartons (one 16 ounces, one 8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin 
1/2 cup boiling water 
1 cup (8 ounces) strawberry yogurt TOPPING: 
2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs 
1-1/2 teaspoons sugar 
1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
Directions
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over the prepared crust.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in yogurt and 6 cups of whipped topping until blended. Pour over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over strawberry layer. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over whipped topping. Yield: 12-15 servings.
We had a beautiful (rainy) Easter Day. We were blessed with many friends and family around our table and the sweet presence of Our risen Lord in our church services.

1 comments:
You have a gorgeous family, Karen, your girls are getting tall! God bless you!
Post a Comment