Whoever coined the phrase Sweet16 must have been thinking of our girl.
She is truly SWEET.
It's hard to imagine that it's been that long since this immature and inexperienced couple welcomed this baby sweet girl into our home and went from couple to family.
It was a long night at home and a long day in the hospital before we finally got to hold her that next evening.
I knew right away what a great daddy our new little one had. He was so supportive of my feeble attempts at mothering.
The long wait of labor should have prepared us....we still wait on this girl. Smile. She is so worth the wait though. She inherited my love of cleanliness and organization, but not my impetious blustery ways. She is slow and plodding. Our styles compliment one another and I dread the day she flies the coop.
We also differ in that she is a night owl and I an early bird. Yet, I admire her discipline. During the school year, she is up at 6am every morning for devotions before school.
She is loved and adored by her 4 littles. Her sister four years younger just passed her in size, but I keep telling her that there are advantages to being petite. She loves her siblings in return and has very natural nurturing instincts.
She chose a quiet family party. Another trait from mom -- I chose fishing with my dad over a bash with friends for my 16th!
We moved the table out into the yard under the willow tree, and hung paper lanterns, pom poms, and streamers from its breezy branches. The weather was delightful.
The menu Kayla chose was biscuits and gravy with scrambles eggs and sausage. Fruit salad on the side, and iced caramel coffee punch to drink.
Reese flavored ice cream cake with 16 glowing candles.
Happy Birthday, daughter. We thank God for the present you are and trust Him with your future!

4 comments:
Happy Birthday wishes to Kayla! I love their chevron skirts and the menu is my fave ;)
Happy birthday to a very lovely young lady! I love the festive birthday theme....outside parties are so fun....and this one was also very elegant:)
Congrats to your 16 year old. It doesn't seem possible that you and I can be the Mom's of 16 year olds, does it? It seems like we should still be 16. =D
Loved her party and menu...sounded and looked beautiful and yummy. =)
Cute pics of her too.
We are getting so excited to go back to the USA in just 13 days to get ready for our new baby. =) THANK YOU TONS for your prayers for baby and I! They mean a lot!!!
Blessings,
~Heather~
Just precious like all your sweet parties. We used those same plates for Emily's 16th. It's a joy to see young girls loving Jesus and their families. She's beautiful.
Post a Comment