Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Cabining (term coined by Kalli)

Just about 30 miles above Boise off Hwy 21, down Clear Creek Rd, you'll run across Grimes Creek and some lovely fall colors.
 
If you'd have been there this weekend and wound down the curvy one lane road, known all the right turns to make, you'd have found our family hanging out at this sweet little cabin in the woods,

It is simple, but tastefully decorated and homey. I could so live in a place like this!

We are rough-it camping people, but thanks to our little guy, this trip included things like hot water, a microwave and a land-line telephone. Mommy might have just gotten spoiled!

The master bedroom in in the loft and has amazing views!

The girls enjoyed the dorm room with bunks.

The weather was nice enough that we got to enjoy the outdoors a good bit and roasting S'mores around a blazing fire,

We had an extra bed and enjoyed having my parents up overnight and for Sunday.
Kaderick loves his Grandma! (and Grandpa.) 

I find nothing more calming than fire or rushing water. Even with noise all around, there is stillness, relaxation and worship of the Creator.

 
My boys enjoyed their toys. Oh, the girls did too. They love hopping on with daddy and exploring.
Kade did really well physically and seemed to enjoy himself.

 


 
Love this little cutie, too! She was enjoying the morning sunshine on the second story balcony.
While my parents were there, we had worship together and took some fun pictures that we might be able to use for Christmas cards--I'm saving most of them for later.

We also drove into Idaho City (about 10 miles) and took this piccy of the church there. I love old churches!

We took a few fun pictures of little man too. He was so cute in his little vest and tie.

We had such a great time reading, hiking, eating, playing games and just sitting around chasing Kade around.  So thankful we were able to do this--we have so much to be grateful for!

Of course it was a little sad leaving, but we have our memories and more importantly, we still have each other!

8 comments:

Unknown

Looks like you guys had a blast!! My favorites are the big and little four wheeler and the family pic at the foot of the church hill.

Laura Engle

Love the pics...aren't those family vacations just so worth all the work:)? ....by the way my mom and dad really enjoyed being with you all. They were full of words of praise for your children! Wish I could have gotten in a visit too:)

Anonymous

We were just in Idaho City last weekend and it was gorgeous.

Blessings to you and your family.

Sue

Charity

That looks like a lot of fun!! I'm more a "cabining" person myself... ;) Beautiful pictures!

Elizabethd

Just found your blog. What a lovely time you all had on vacation, and how nice to include grandparents (of which I am one!)

The Dickinsons

Looks like a very fun get-away. So glad y'all got to go.

Love all the pics. Especially the one of you and your hubby looking around the tree...and the one of your little man dressed "fit to kill." =)

I hope you are having a HAPPY Fall!
~Heather~

Pamela

So happy you had a little get-a-way. I always enjoy your pics. What a sweet looking cabin. I'm sure sharing it was a delight to your parents.

Cindy

What a great little cabin to spend time in and I'm so glad Kade was okay physically. I pray for him regularly, dear friend, I feel like I almost know you and your beautiful family.
The church photo is nice, I love churches, too!

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27