So.....we just had to swing by with our good news for the day!
Kaderick's blood-work looking for indicators of Systemic types of Mastocytosis came back all GOOD! I didn't even want to think about it, but those markers could have pointed towards things like bone marrow cancer or leukemia. That 'C' word just scares the beejeebers out of ya!
But,we are SO thankful--it could have been so much worse!
The doctors will continue to monitor him and his blood closely, but for now we feel a huge level of relief.
For those who were asking, he does still have Cutaneous Mastocytosis and we have a second opinion appointment on the 12th regarding treatment for that.
He will also be seeing an allergist since his bloodwork indicated some pretty major allergens.
Meanwhile, he is enjoying life and all the EXTRA SPOILING!
He's such a little clone of daddy, but I thought he might look a little bit like mommy here. Those blue eyes are still from daddy though....or maybe mommy's daddy. Or both. Smile
He cut his two bottom teeth and no sooner had I taken this picture, than he cut a top one (almost two) and is working on another one on the bottom! Poor little guy! If he's a bit fussy, it's no wonder!
Thank you for your prayers--I'm sure we still have some uncertain times ahead, but for today, we are counting our blessings!




5 comments:
So happy to hear your good news!! Hope you can get all those allergies figured out!
Thank you Jesus for the good news on the blood work and yes, he does look a little like you! Funny how boys often take after their moms, my daughters son looks like her and her daughter looks like her husbands side. It doesn't always work that way of course.
God is GOOD!!!
So happy about your good news!
Just getting to read your last post and then this one. Sorry for this SCARE...and glad you've gotten some encouraging news.
I'll try to be praying for your cute little guy. Glad our Heavenly Father is keeping Kaderick in His hands.
Cute pics.
~Heather~
Bless you heart, Karen. It's hard on a Momma and I'm sure on Rick and the girls to be faced with these things. He looks so happy in his pictures. Praying God will surround you all with His love.
Post a Comment