Monday, April 1, 2013

Resurrection Day!

 
We had a wonderful Easter Sunday here in Idaho. The weather was perfect and there was sonshine in our hearts as we celebrated our Living Lord.
Our church children's program illustrated the "Sweetest Story Ever Told" through various Easter candies which told the Easter Story. From a kiss which betrayed Jesus all the way to when the stone was rollo'd away. Our pastor followed up with a stirring message about how Jesus tasted death in order for us to taste and see that the Lord is good!
Service was followed by an egg hunt for the children and a pot luck dinner here at the house. There is just nothing like the joy of Resurrection Sunday, especially when you KNOW He lives, because He lives in your heart!
We were thrilled to have many family and friends with us. My large dining room was filled to overflowing--just the way I like it. A special highlight was having my out-of-state nephews in our home! They are men now, but Aunt KK will always love those  little boys!
I have not included pictures of everyone as I know that some do not like pictures on public blogs and I do not want to offend anyone. I am afraid we have picture overload as it is. =)
 
 
My little man much preferred this attire to his Easter vest and tie.

 
I can't believe how big my little girl is getting. She is so precious and sweet.

 
This may have been the cutest picture taken all day long. After all the festivities they were quite warm and tired and soooo happy to get some clothes off!

 
My four pink princesses. Doesn't little boy blue add a finishing touch?

 
My oldest and youngest.

 
The men in my life.

 
I don't really lke this picture--especially of me, but it's our Easter 2013 shot, so it stays.

 
The hubby and I. Still working on that baby weight. I had also just leaned up against a wet counter, so had a pretty wet spot on my blouse. If it had not been that, it would have been baby spit up....and was before the day was over.

 
My oldest girls. They are a full 4 years plus difference in age, but nearly the same size and in fact, the younger wears a bigger shoe.

 
Little man was halfway ready for church and got sleepy so he was taking a nap. He has socks on his hands because he had a rash on his cheeks and was scratching it so bad.

 
Yummy desserts. My momma made all the cookies. Those lemonade ones from pinterest are amazing!

 
The girls and I made these fun chocolate birds nests.

 
Part of the table setting.

 
Kade is chatting with my friend Heather here.

 
She was such a lady-like egg-hunter.

 
My fun loving Kam.


Jello eggs. My momma made these every year. They were a highlight of my childhood, and I now enjoy making them for my children.
 
 
My Easter "splurge" was the little chocolate bunnies. Ever since I got the old Hershey tin that was my Grandma's I have imagined chocolate bunnies on it  for Easter. I found them on clearance last week! Yay!


6 comments:

Crystal Roberts

Loved the pictures...so funny about your shirt, it is so true!!! It's hard to stay clean when you're a mom.

Melissa

Loved see all the pics, everyone looked so pretty. Kids sure do make holidays more fun.

Brittany

Looks like y'all had a great Easter! Ours was wet and rainy, so no egg hunts here :( But it was still a good day :) Cute pictures!

Laura Engle

Love the outfits:) Wish we could have been there to sample all those delicacies!

Unknown

I love all of the pictures and you look great!! Looks like a wonderful Easter! We were under the weather but we made the best of it!

Pamela

This brought tears to my eyes. I love seeing how you and your husband are raising your girls to love beauty, tradition and most of all the Savior. Kade is growing--love the tie picture. And you are beautiful -- love the family pic.

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27