The day was overcast with peek-a-boo sunshine. We arrived at the hospital around 10am. Daddy found a spot in Expecting Father Parking.
We went in and got the girls settled near the Christmas tree in the labor and delivery waiting room. We always pack them a "little" bag with a big sister prize, snacks and some of their favorite items from home.
My anesthesiologist was running a few minutes late, so we missed our target delivery of 12:12pm and Kaderick arrived at 12:23pm. They did such a good job, that I forgave them for being a little late. Kade cried right away and then he started forgetting to breath or breathing too fast--he also had a lot of fluid on board so they took him to NICU. It was different and a little scary not having him in recovery with me, but I wanted daddy to be with him. Later, Grandma got to go in with Kade and daddy got to come back and see me. I think Grandpa also got to go visit at some point in there. As soon as I got a little feeling back in my legs, they wheeled my whole bed into NICU and I got to hold him. What a little miracle--just like all the others....yet so different and special in his own way. He was just listening to me talk here.
It seemed like a long time later when they finally said he was doing well enough to come to my postpartum room and meet his sisters. Of course they all love him very much as evidenced here.
I'm not sure what Kaite was thinking--I know it was hard for her to imagine what her baby brother was really doing to be like. She has been telling us for a long time though, how excited she was to be "Kaderick's big sister!" I love her shy mischevious look here!
In the middle of the night on Kaderick's second day in town, they suspected some circulation issues and put him back in NICU. I was devastated. They ran lots of blood and finally decided that he had "cold stress" not a circulation problem. He also was (and still is) pretty sleepy and he lost 12% of his body weight. We will be taking him to his regular pediatrician (who does not have priviliges at our hospital) tomorrow so are hoping for weight gain and more good news! He was a big boy at 9.03 pounds and 21 inches and his little 2 day fast may have just been too much for him.
Now, we have a new prayer request. It is RSV season here and much of our family has been sick. Kaderick's big sisters are just totally bummed because they have a virus of some sort and the doctor does not want them around him. Daddy, Kaderick and I came home from the hospital late last night only to discover that daddy now has a fever. He went to Quick Care this morning and it does not look like strep or flu--probably just a virus, but to little man, that could be a big deal. He's been wearing a mask and washing and sanitizing frequently. He's always such a good help to me, but is so limited now. =( The girls are at Grandma's house--a great place to be--but not when you have a new brother at home and besides that, Mommy misses them all sooo bad! Please help us pray that all who are now sick recover soon and most of all the baby is kept safe from it all.
Maybe it is just me, but I think that Kaderick is a little clone of his daddy. Sheck out the nose and lips--the hairline too! Love it!
Kaderick's name is simple. We liked the name Kade, daddy's name is Rick. We just put it together like "Fredrick" only it's Kaderick. Brice is his middle name. It comes from my brother Brian and my dad and nephew who are both Bruce.
I hope this little update makes sense. Rick posted the other one for me briefly early on so I could at least keep people "in the loop" but every time I try to post, I fall asleep. We will see what sort of interesting things this says. =)
Getting ready to take little man home for the first time. It snowed just after we arrived at home. =)









4 comments:
Ah, he is so adorable!!! And yes, he does look like his daddy. I'm sorry to hear that the girls have been sick and Rick, too. There is so much going around, I hope and pray that Kaderick and yourself both stay well and protected from all of the germs.
God is so good!!! I'm happy that your little miracle is home and healthy!
Love and hugs, Cindy
Oh dear! Sorry you have to deal with so much sickness right now. Will be praying for you all. Glad your little guy could come home! He is definitely his daddy's little boy :)
Thanks for the update. Surely enjoyed reading this post!
Yes, I too think he looks a lot like his Daddy. I know Daddy's buttons on his shirt are about to POP with "pride" over his new little SON! =)
I have been praying, but now that I read your update about all the sickness, I'll Pray even HARDER that you and baby don't get anything and that everyone else gets better SOON!
As I told you earlier my Noah weighed 10.6 and he too lost weight and we had to keep FEEDING HIM like crazy and take him back to make sure he was gaining like normal. These things are stressful on Mommy!
Going to talk to Jesus about your little man not getting sick....=)
~Heather~
Congrats!! So glad Kade has arrived safely and you are doing good as well!! Hope all your family is better soon so you can enjoy this Christmas season together with your little guy!!
Post a Comment