I think fall may be my favorite season...of course, come winter, I will say it is winter and in the spring I will say spring. =) I do love the colors, scents and um, the flavors of fall though!
I tried a very simple recipe from Betty Crocker the other day and I wanted to share it with you all. Don't you just love it when someone shares a recipe and you don't have to wonder if it's good--you can just take their word for it? I do!
If you like the light "bouncy" texture of Angel Food and the fact that it is low fat, you will love taking it one step farther this fall and making it a Pumpkin Angel Food Cake! I was impressed with how easy it was too!
So, here is the recipe. I did not have ginger on hand for the icing, so I used cinnamon and it was great!
Cake
1
box white angel food cake mix
1
tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 1/2
teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
3/4
cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1
cup cold water
Ginger-Cream Filling
2
cups whipping cream
1/4
cup powdered sugar
2
tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger.
- Move oven rack to lowest position. Heat oven to 350°F. In extra-large glass or metal bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 1 minute. Pour into ungreased 10-inch angel food (tube) cake pan.
- Bake 37 to 47 minutes or until crust is dark golden brown and cracks are dry. Immediately turn pan upside down onto heatproof funnel or glass bottle. Let hang about 2 hours or until cake is completely cool. Loosen cake from side of pan with knife or long metal spatula. Turn cake upside down onto serving plate.
- In chilled large bowl, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar with electric mixer on high speed until stiff. Fold in ginger. Cut cake horizontally in half to make 2 even layers. Spread half of the filling on bottom layer; replace top of cake. Spread remaining filling on top of cake. Sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice if desired.



3 comments:
Thanks, Karen, that sounds like a great recipe! I love anything pumpkin and I love cinnamon frosting, too.
I hope you're feeling well, how exciting that your baby will soon be here, only a few months left!!!
Hugs, cindy
Looks and sounds amazing...and easy! :)
I look forward to trying this. Not only do I love angel food cake, it's good for my diabetes.
Post a Comment