Friday, October 26, 2012

Little Mr. tries for early release.

On Monday of this week our little guy tried to escape a bit early. At just 32 weeks it was a little early, so after a shot and a double dose of medication, and an overnight stay in Labor & Delivery, we are back home and "taking it easy" for the next 6 weeks and 4 days--IF he waits that long.
Actually, Kaderick seems quite happy where he is and was completely uneffected by all the commotion. It's all that extra fluid that's tricking my body into thinking the time has come.
I don't have a history of pre-term labor and don't go running to the dr over every little twinge, but as it turns out, it was the right decision to make on Monday and a good thing we went when we did.
 
 
Today, at a follow-up apointment, ultrasound and nonstress test, we received all good news. Baby looks healthy and happy--he is a little chunk weighing in it nearly 5 pounds already. He passed his stress test (he doesn't seem to stress easily--maybe that is his daddy coming out in him) and the fluid was down significantly, which is really good news.
 
Needless to say, I am having a hard time nesting from the couch--but I'm trying to get all the last minute odds and ends tied up and everything ready without doing anything. Thankfully, I have a great family, awesome friends, ect who help me out. I make lists and give orders. Smile.
 
Photobucket

7 comments:

Melissa

So glad you are doing better and got a good report. I was told Monday that my little girl has extra fluid around her, hoping it does not cause us too many concerns. We are hoping to keep these little ones cooking until at least 34weeks. Hope you can keep your little man in until the time is perfect for him to be here.

Charity

Glad you are doing better!!!

The Dickinsons

Ay, yi, yi. (Spanish expression for OH! NO! =) GLAD you and baby are OK and he's still "in the oven." From experience I know it's NOT easy to try to run a house and get ready for a baby while on bed rest! Glad your family and friends are helping you. Take it easy and take good care of yourself and the CUTE little one. Before we know it, he'll be in your arms. So exciting!
~Heather~

The Dickinsons

Thanks for the comment on my potty training post. Enjoyed reading the link you left. Very good tips. Thanx!
We are on day one and things are going GREAT so far! =) I think she's the fastest learner I've had so far.

Gotta get back to "boot camp."
~Heather~

Laura Engle

So glad that lil' man has decided to take his time coming into the world...I am so sorry for you though, having to take it so easy. I hate just sitting around, it is about enough to drive one batty:)
Hope all goes well.

Cindy

Oh my, I'm so glad you got help when you did, your little darling needs to wait a while still. The ultrasound photo is so good~~~ he's beautiful!
Hugs, Cindy

Pamela

I'm so thankful he's cozied back down. Praying for a fast-moving six weeks!

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27