Our family just returned from a mini-vaca campout. We usually go a few to several times a year, but I was really much too sick to care earlier in the year. This peaceful little spot is on Bull Trout Lake--less than 3 hours from our house. The setting was gorgeous and the weather just about as perfect as it gets. If you were warm, all you had to do was find a shady spot and if you were cool, a light jacket and a spot in the sun were the cure.
Another view of the lake. My camera batteries were dead, so these were taken with my husband's iphone. I thought they turned out really good though. The clouds were beautiful!
In addition to the standard camp food fare, we enjoyed fresh squash from our garden at home. We fried it with potatoes, a few jalapeno and some cherry tomatoes. Served it with pork chops. It was so yummy! I also did breakfast burritos one morning this trip. They were yummy too--and so simple!
This picture reminds me of Sound of Music for some reason. I've actually never read or seen it, and don't even know what it's about-- but it just looks like a younger version of the cover picture.
This was little baby K's first campout. 19 weeks. We listened to the heartbeat again the day before and have an ultrasound scheduled for the 9th of August. I am anxious to take a peek and make sure everything is looking good. I'm also anxious to put everyone's mind at ease about baby's gender. ;)
There are natural hot springs nearby to where we camped (about a quarter mile hike). There are several pools and one makeshift bathhouse. Of course, the dr wouldn't let me in the water. It ranges from 104-180 degrees. That's pretty hot. The girls soaked their feet a while and they had the softest feet ever!
Inside the bath house. =)
The girls looking out of an old homesteader's cabin near the lake. I've been told it was built in the 1880's. The old black cookstove is still there and the loft. It's really quite amazing and looks like something right out of Little House on the Prairie. We just so happened to have Mary, Laura, Carrie and Grace along.
It sets in a beautiful meadow surrounded by mountains and trees.
My girls have the most amazing daddy! They did catch a few fish, but between the four of them, most of his time was spent either baiting or untangling line.
Kaite loved watching all the little animals. We saw several deer, but I think Kaite's favorite was the little 'quirrles as she called them. They were abundant and if you sat real still they would crawl right over your feet.
Another lovely lake shot. This is Marin Lake. Very near to Bull Trout Lake. There are several small lakes just a few miles apart from one another.
We tried something new in the line of roasting this year. Strawberries dipped in marshmallow creme and roasted over an open fire really are amazing....especially if you aren't really a s'mores type of person.






5 comments:
That looks like a lot of fun...love the cabin
Cute pics! And the strawberry looks yummy - I never would have thought of that!!
Loved your fun camping pics! The lake was BEAUTIFUL! So GLAD you felt well enough to go...and to cook too. That shows that you must be feeling less and less green around the "gills." =) I'm so happy for you! I LOVE it when I reach that point in my pregnancies when I start feeling lots better and can get back to cooking, baking, and being myself. =)
Happy belated to your daughter too. Looks like she had a fun butterfly birthday!
Blessings,
~Heather~
Oh my...that strawberry looks like a treat fit for the queen! Love the girls looking out the cabin window. You and that sweet baby look adorable. I'm so excited for you.
What a beautiful place to spend some down time. The lake is gorgeous as is the cabin and the girls!
Not surprising, though, Idaho is a very beautiful place, I fell in love with it while at my daughters this summer.
You look so cute and yes, it will be fun to hear about your precious baby. Hugs, Cindy
Post a Comment