Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Mystery Birthday


Kayla requested hot dogs and coleslaw for her birthday dinner. We had a regular hot dog bar--all the trimmings you can imagine and then some. I added the grilled tomato and aspargus--and it was a hit!
 Kayla will be going into high school this fall and will need her own computer. She had been saving her money for one, but had absolutely no clue. Her daddy was able to finangle a used one and fix it up perfectly well and even "girly." Her birthday party was mystery themed so we gave her a series of clues and sent her on a real mystery solving mission to find her gift!
 Unfortonately the leftovers are already gone......
 Getting ready to blow out candles.
 Some of the mystery themed decor.
 King of the grill. I love this man! I could not ask for a better helper on my sick days. He is always willing to do grocery store runs and pick up the slack in the housework and cooking....and he's nice when I tell him to "get lost" because he stinks. ;)

Photobucket


4 comments:

Nicki

and he's nice when I tell him to "get lost" because he stinks. ;)

when I was carrying Travis Brent had to kiss me goodbye before he could put his cologne on. That scent didn't sit well with my morning sickness. It is the same kind he still wears and it smells great now.

Pamela

I've enjoyed catching up with you this afternoon. Your sweet Kayla is growing up so fast. What a neat surprise you planned for her. Love the girlishness of it. You always add special touches to everything--even as sick as you've been. So praying you'll be better soon.

Cindy

Happy Birthday Kayla!!! Wow, what a lucky girl she is to have a mom who gives such a great party. You are brilliant, the party themes that you come up with are just that, brilliant!
I'm so sorry to hear that you are still sick with the new baby, hopefully it will be over soon.
Hugs, Cindy

KeyholeKayla

Yes I am very lucky to have you as a mom. Thank you!

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27