I showed you in recent post, what we did for our 15th anniversary. I am really, really enjoying the new cottage look in here. It's more relaxed and casual and very simple. It's also a little more masculine--and I do have a male person living here with me. =)
The only thing we were missing was a nightstand. Truthfully, we don't really need one with drawers--I know this will sound funny, but I have a lot of empty or almost empty drawers and cabinets around here. I don't like "stuff." Anyway, I suggested that an old crate or spool would make a nice nightstand, so my wonderful, talented husband got right on that. I was thinking that small would be nice, but I guess in a man's world things are bigger. I love it, but he better behave, because the "crate" is just about big enough to ship him away in.
I gave the whole thing a coat of mustard yellow paint and then "graywashed" over that. Hubby helped me design a logo and we incorporated the "21" from the day we were married and also the brand of love we package. =) In case you missed it, the month is on the mirror and the year on the headboard.
The nightstand is on casters and there is a shelf hidden on the side. I love how he used the metal accents. Very industrial. =)
I dug up some of our old love letters and tied them with twine as a final touch. I still have a "spring to-do list" but, with this crossed off, it's getting shorter all the time. I've been knocking out some things, like kitchen cabinet cleaning and touch up painting along the way--it feels good and now when spring really comes, we can head outside! I want to say here how much I appreciate all my husband's hard work on this. There were a few mornings where he was up and at his "real" job by 6am, yet still working on this in the evenings-not to mention preaching here and there along the way. He's really amazing--guess I'll keep him--but if not, I do have that shipping crate.

3 comments:
I'm sore from all the manual labor.Getting crated would make me a permanent pretzel shape.I'll be a good boy.I promise. Love you. Rick
I really love your nightstand!! :)
Your nightstand looks wonderful, your hubby did an amazing job, I think you'd better plan on keeping him around just in case you come up with more projects. :) Hugs, Cindy
Post a Comment