Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fluffing the chicks room!

A few months back, Kaite got a little toddler bed....off craigslist of course. I had intentions to paint it all along, but it was cold and I procrastinated. Her bed is in Kayla's room, so whatever color she and I chose would have to go blend with Kayla's things. The blonde wood was not doing that with the dark wood on Kayla's bed and the dresser.
Kaite wanted blue, so we chose a bright, fun turquoise. Kayla was growing tired of all the pastels and her bedding set also had the "knobby disease" so we used this as an excuse to do a little update.
Here is the old version. Nothing wrong with it, but I have 4 girls and I have to admit, I was weary of all the pink. I showed them some red and turquoise and tried to use my influence in that direction. Didn't work. They wanted HOT pink and turquoise.
Target had HOT PINK RUFFLES!!! Taget had a whole bed-in-a bag of hot pink ruffles. Target had a whole bed-in-a-bag full of hot pink ruffles ON CLEARANCE! $19.98! It was our lucky day!
She chose some fun bright fabric scraps and I recovered her hanging photo boards.
The lamp got shot with the same paint as Kaite's bed and the shade got a few new embelishments too.
Even the laundry basket did not escape the paint can!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Cindy

You have been very busy, girl! I love hot pink with turquoise and the girls room looks really gorgeous in it's new color and finery! The pretty hot pink ruffly bed-in-a-bag was a great find!
Hugs, Cindy

Brittany

Love the comforter set - that's a steal! Looks cute!

The Dickinsons

Your room looks cute. Love the crate! =)

~Heather~

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27