I've been looking for a rocker like this one for many years, only I didn't want to spend $400 on it. So I waited. Craigslist finally came through! As usual though, one thing leads to another and once I got a chair in this corner, I realized how much I needed and end table too.
I like these old octagon style ones and could just imagine what one would look like in this sweet aqua color.
I'm still trying to decide if it needs antiqued or maybe some white trim? Thoughts? Anyone?
I'm liking this little area much better now. The fact that it's about 100% thrifted doesn't hurt anything. The curtains are actually bedsheets, the lamp, end table, rocker, pitcher, shutter and little white table were all thrifted. The pillow I made and the little chest on the end table was my Grandma's. There is a vase on the table that holds shells from our trip to the ocean last summer and the doily was made by my other Grandma. I'm not sure how the precious moments fit there? They are sentimental to me and I want to keep them, I just need ideas on how to display them. Thoughts? 

3 comments:
"Precious Moments" fit perfectly with the special feel of this unique corner !
I love the old end table, the design on it looks like old church windows! How perfect is that?! I love the aqua blue, it is perfect. I might distress it a little or antique it, I don't know how to do that, but if you do that would look pretty, if it brought out the window-like shapes. It's a very sweet corner. Your rocking chair is exactly like mine, my husband bought it for me right after we were married, I had always wanted a wooden rocker, too.
Hugs, Cindy
I love it! :)
Post a Comment