Thursday, December 1, 2011

Season of Miracles

It seems like every year, there is something different about the Christmas story that stands out to me. Maybe it's because I have been sick, but this Christmas the thing that is impressing me the most is the miracle! The fact that God himself would choose to condescend to lowly man in such a tender and humble way. I have been reminded that He still comes to the humble and lowly in the worst of times and brings the very deliverance needed! My oncologist visit went well. He assured me (or tried to anyway) that he is 99.9% sure this is not cancer. He admitted that the symptoms were very suspicious of it and that I was well justified in my fear. However, the lumps are not at all characteristic of the bad kind. There is a teeny, tiny, chance that the symptoms are ahead of any possible diagnosis, but he said that is so rare that he cannot think of an example like that in his 14 years of oncology. He feels that endocrinology is the way to go, so I am waiting for a referral. There is a very limited amount of endocrine doctors in the area, so I have been warned that the wait may well be lengthy. Please help me pray that it will not be long and or God would heal me completely. I am quite weary of being sick and down. I have seen my chiropractor (finally) with the permission of my other doctors in attempt to bring a little comfort in the meantime. I am not a good pain medication taker. ;)
My girls did most of the Christmas decorating this year. We are keeping it pretty simple, and finding that the spirit of Christmas can be enjoyed in simplicity. The photo above is on my plant shelves in the living room and is one place that I lent a hand to the decor. I'm not liking the glaring cold air return vent, but that can't be helped. I also want to make a primitive sign to hang there on the wall, where you see the 'picnic' words, but haven't felt like it yet. I got the old skates at a thrift store last winter and the jingle bells and giant snowflakes are from the $ Store. Not sure I'm going to make a post a day, like other years, but I do have a few more pictures to share before the holidays are over.
I trust you too, will experience the miracle of the season!

5 comments:

The Dickinsons

Glad for the good report. I've been asking Jesus to give you a special touch!!

Love the Christmas decor. We are keeping it simple here in Arg. too...for we are still praying that we can find someone to store a couple boxes of stuff for us for while we are back in Colombia. =)

~Heather~

Laura Engle

I am so glad that you have finally got some good news. We will be praying that you can get a firm diagnosis soon, or that you will just be healed. I can't imagine what you have been going through over the past few months. Love you and hope you get better soon!

Cindy

I am SO glad to hear that it is not cancer!!! I shall help you pray for an opening with an Endocrinologist very soon.
It is such a miracle that God would take upon himself the form of man, in order to take our place. I'm very grateful to the Lord for that. I am very thankful for the abundant life that He offers. I'm sure you have not felt like you are living the "abundant" life recently. But, I'm sure you have felt without a doubt that He has given you strength when you were weak. Bless you and your family.
Love and prayers, Cindy

Denise :)

I've been thinking about you...glad to hear this news; will continue to pray! :)

Charity

Very cute decor!! (Love the ice skates!!) :) I've been praying for you!

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27