Do you like to be still? I do not. I am not a still person by nature. Since I have been sick though, I have been much more still than usual. The only kind of still I really enjoy are those moments in the early morning~with a cup of tea or coffee, my Bible, a good book, facebook, or quiet conversation with my hubby. One other kind of "still" I like is the still after the work is completed....the satisfied still of looking around and seeing success. Being sick is not the sort of still that brings me pleasure. Often the laundry is NOT done, the dinner is NOT made and sometimes even the children's hair is NOT combed. It is an uneasy still that does not know what is wrong and fears the worst. I do know this though....that even in the still, He is STILL God.
Our Thanksgiving was one that made memories. Of course, I was feeling sick, but made a few of the traditional favorites anyway in preparation for dinner at my parents. My girls all have colds and Thanksgiving eve, Rick came down with a fever and sore throat! One our way to my parent's for dinner, we hit and killed a poor puppy dog. There was nothing we could do, but of course we felt terrible! The clothes washer also went out recently as did the garbage disposal and we made the horrifying discovery that we have had small furry visitors in our house! Keren WAS one of Job's daughters for a reason, right?!?!All these things, while I am "still." My only consolation is this, that while I am being "still," I know that He is STILL God!


3 comments:
I am a new follower and have enjoyed your blog so much! I don't usually make comments but felt I must on this subject. "Be still and know that I AM GOD" has gotten me through some VERY difficult times. It seems that it is only in my "stillness" that I can truly hear God. When I realize that there's nothing I can do, that I am NOT in control, and sit back and watch/listen/pray, only then do I begin to see God's will - His purpose for whatever is besetting me/us at that time - and have a renewed sense of who He is and who I am to Him - a child of the risen King. You and your family are dealing with so much now, but we DO serve the Great Physician, the Healer, the Ever-present Help in time of trouble. I will be saying prayers for you and yours (especially on Monday) - for strength, healing, understanding, and above all peace. In Jesus' name.
I will STILL continue to pray for you, dear Karen.
Hug, Cindy
Bless you heart. It's so HARD when the Mommy of the house isn't well! (My family can agree with my statement, for I have been ill for the last month or so as well.)
I'm praying for you!
Love,
~Heather~
Post a Comment