Monday, December 19, 2011

Dreaming of a White Christmas

It's looking like we for sure WON'T have a "White Christmas" here in Southern Idaho this year. I can dream though. This little red truck was a Christmas present from my hubby several years ago. I'm really not sure what made him think I'd like it, but I do. It's one of those items that changes with the seasons and almost always has a place in my decor. Just a few months back, it was filled with pumpkins and made we think of hard work, harvest and home. Now when I look at it I'm reminded if a simpler day--cutting a tree fresh from the woods, dragging it in and decorating it with popcorn and cranberry strings--singing carols and sipping cider by a crackling fire. Ahh....Christmas!

Photobucket

3 comments:

The Dickinsons

Very cute little truck!

Merry Christmas!
~Heather~

Pamela

I love how you change the truck for the seasons. I hope you are feeling better, too. I've been praying you will and can enjoy Christmas with your sweet family.

Cindy

Merry Christmas to you and yours, dear Karen. I hope you are feeling better and can enjoy all of the festivities connected with this lovely Season.
May God richly bless you and your sweet family in 2012.
I love your little pick-up truck!
Love and hugs, Cindy

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27