Monday, November 21, 2011

About time...

I guess it is about time I catch up here a little bit. I have been sick for almost 3 months now. Briefly...beginning with headaches and incessant dizziness, followed by increased heart rate and neck and facial swelling. Lumps in my neck (that do not "appear" to be cancerous.) Most recently, the neck, back and shoulder pain have become more and more unbearable. I've also lost (unintentionally) 16 pounds in the last 2 months or less. I have had every blood test known to man, CT's, MRI and X-ray. Nothing bad has turned up yet, but I'm still not feeling well, in fact...it seems everything only gets worse. Tomorrow I get a 30 day heart monitor and the 29th, I see an Oncologist. If nothing shows up there, and the oncologist doesn't find anything concerning, the next step will be taking a more extensive look at the thyroid (it is enlarged even though all my levels are perfect.) I deal with a good bit of anxiety over all of this. I LOVE being wife and mommy WAY too much to think there might be something serious wrong with me and I covet your prayers. I want nothing more than to have a small part in raising these precious ones for Jesus.
So...now that you have the scoop on me, and your prayer assignment, I will fill you in on the kids.
School is going great. I have learned to teach mostly from the couch and I have also had some help from my mom and my kids' dad in the education department.
Rick has been busy at work, but evidently not too busy to catch a cold. He kindly brought it home to me and all the kids. I have been giving extra doses of vitamins, applying vics and running the humidifier. Kammy loves the "humilifier."
One day I was feeling especially bad physically and scared emotionally. I was laying on the couch letting the tears flow and Kammy came along in all her 5 year old wisdom and said, "Mommy, death is not the end of everything!" (Wow...that was encouraging!)
Kammy was trying to think of the reference for a certain Bible verse and she said, "Mommy, what is the password for this verse?"
Grandma and I were both talking to Kammy at the same time and evidently it was distressing her because she gave this huge sigh and said, "All peoples talking to me same time!"
We were at Grandma's house and I put a hand-me-down jumper in Kaite. It was just slightly large in the tummy area, but Grandma was telling her how cute it looked. Kaite said, "I don't like it." Grandma wanted to know why and so Kaite said, "Because it fat. Like you-rs."
Well, I guess that's about it for now. The washer and garbage disposal were broken, but are now fixed. Now to get mommy fixed and all will be well once again at the Pink Parsonage.

Photobucket

1 comments:

Cindy

I am so sorry to hear how ill you have been, I will begin to pray for you more fervently. Bless your heart and those of your family. And remember to "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths." God know where you are sweet lady, He sees your anxiety and your children's and no doubt your husbands, as well. Trust Him.
Love, hugs and prayers, Cindy

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27