Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The 4th!

Our 4th included the Greenleaf parade, a good old-fashioned cook out at my parent's house, some yardwork and finally...the FIREWORKS display!
Life has been just a little crazy lately. Lately, being like the past 7-8 months. In November, we moved, and as you might know--that is a challenge. We were pretty much settled by Thanksgiving though and the kids loved living on "the ranch". Then there was the Spain trip, company from out of town and the 2 month work/vaca in California. Barely got home and they told us the rental we were in had sold (nevermind that we were in a year-long contract. There was loophole in the contract, so I began packing and on July 1st, we moved! I'll be posting pictures soon. We are fairly settled. Just about 12 things remaining on the project list.
The 4th is too special not to celebrate though, so we took some "free time".
Kammy was thrilled to be asked to ride Lisa's horse Annie in the Greenleaf parade! She has the princess wave down just right!

Sweet Cowgirl Kam!We had to get her a new pair of boots since her others were too small. We searched every store in Nampa and Caldwell. Including all the 2nd hand stores and finally found some at Target!Here is Kaite celebrating with a pout! It was a little fake--I see the smile peeking through--but she has a reputation to live up to!I found that I needed something festive, so grabbed some ribbon and a glag button from my sewing box and crafted a flower pin.Kammy and Kaite. Sisters. They have declared the right to love one moment and hate the next.I was so proud of Kammy's guys! I guess it is proof that they are growing up--they never showed a moment's jealousy about Kammy getting to ride in the parade. They were very happy for her and after the parade, they got to take a ride as well!Brandon seemed to enjoy helping Kayla~ and they even got to trotting on Jake!The kids collected THREE hatful's of candy! Enough to last until next year--at least until Halloween!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Laura Engle

Hey, Cousin:) Glad to hear that your life might be heading towards slowing down! Sounds like you have been trying to live like I do! Lol!
I enjoy looking at your blog. You do a great job at keeping us in touch with your little family from afar:)

Pamela

Precious children. Love the pink boots and the french braided hair!

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27