Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Room Spray Inspired!

This is a mini-bathroom makeover inspired by Febreze! Maybe I am the only one who is crazy this way, but when I buy something for a room--something as simple as air freshener--I like it to match. So the other day, I had bathrom air freshener on my list and I was looking for a masculine brown-ish can. Ever notice they are all girly and foo-foo looking? Then this little number caught my eye. I brought it home and set it on the counter and inspiration struck! Love those colors! This little room had been a tiny bit unsatisfactory to me from day one...a little too muted and bland. I felt that it needed a few 'pops' of color...but how and where...AND on a BUDGET!?!?
Once again...the ticket....SPRAY PAINT!
The old brown laundry basket is now a bright ocean blue krylon!
Do you see the ocean blue mat reflected from the picture in the morror? How about the star above the medicine cabinet? A few cheap flower pics added to the arrangement on the counter?
A blue and brown striped wash cloth now lies under the red bandana on the back of the too-lay. :) Who would have thought it? :)
Dare I point out the candle in the sconce on the wall? It's an ocean blue krylon candle now. I don't burn it anyway, so why not? It's true what those DIY'ers say, you really CAN spray paint anything! I love the new look and that it's nice and 'springy' doesn't hurt my feelings either! A mini-bathroom-make-over all for the price of a can of spray paint and a washcloth. Oh...and let's not forget the air-freshener! My husband has learned not to trust anyone--not even air-freshener! :)
The fumes were really making me happy and I had to grab a can of red while I was at the store. I think Kammy's stool looks great with red legs! The 'K' on the wall? $1 and from it hangs the apron my Grandma made for my bridal shower!

Now--no more goofing off! I really have got to clean and do a massive amount of laundry! We have company coming a week from today and a business trip to squeeze in between now and then, just to name a few! VERY excited about that company though!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Dalina

Loved how the colors really did POP!! You did a fabulous job Karen!

~Heather Rae~

I love those colors..those are the colors in my bathroom..thanks for the inspiration. <3 you

Cindy

Hi Karen,
It's amazing what a little bit of spray paint can accomplish! I love all of your blue touches in the bathroom, it really made a big difference! The red legs on the stool is perfection and the red K is great as well.
Have a wonderful day,
Love and hugs, Cindy

shannon i olson

oh how I love spray paint! It has been too cold here to paint outside and we don't have a garage , still winter here! but I have my cans ready and my finger is ready to go. I have a list of to do's and can't wait

Brittany

I'm loving the blue! It really does brighten up your bathroom, and "springs" it up, too :) I'm the same way - when I buy anything for a room, whether it be air freshener, soap, or paper towels, I want it to MATCH! And yep, inspiration can be found ANYWHERE ;)

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27