Hubby sent me these beautiful roses. Speaking of flowers, I have noticed a disturbing trend--an idea that sending flowers is old fashioned or un-fashionable--that being romantic is out of date. I disagree. No, I don't get flowers every year, and I don't have to, to know that he loves me. At the same time, I think a true gentleman will (at least occasionally) go out of his way to express to his lady her value to him.
We humans are so strange. Too often we wait until it's "too late". Personally, I don't see the point of flowers covering my casket, if they were trivial or too expensive while I was alive. I LOVE the vase he chose. Believe me, it will come out of storage every year to join my valentine decor.
These little sweeties rank right up there with the best of my valentines ever! I made Kammy's little valentine t-shirt dress. You know it had to be horses!
I saw this quote the other day and loved it, so I added it to a picture including my valentine vase.
16 years ago, I got roses from the same man. He was a lot younger then, but I guess I was too. Actually, I don't really find it fair. Men seem to age so gracefully. The gray streaks in their hair looks distinguised and the wrinkles speak of maturity and wisdom. :)
Maybe you remember my thrift store treasure frame? I'm waiting until after our trip to Europe for something permanant, but I did add a few lovey-dovies for the time being.




2 comments:
Hi Karen,
I love receiving flowers, too, but I don't expect them, they are a special treat.
You're right, men do seem to grow older more gracefully, why? I noticed the other day that my neck is looking very wrinkly and saggy, okay, what's with that? I really do not mind my gray hair and I will NEVER color it. I have earned the gray, I am a grandma, after all. We all know what the Bible says about a gray head, too. =o)
The photo of you is lovely, you have nothing to worry about yet, girl!
Hugs, Cindy
I agree about the flowers! Adn the gray hair. Thank you Cindy, for you kind comments!
Post a Comment