Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Of Cowgirl parties and tiny talk

I was busy with the birthday girl (and a few other "little" things) yesterday so I am late for tiny talk but wanted to join in anyway so I am combining it with the birthday report. Kammy decided she wanted to decorate her own cake this year. A cowboy cake is hard to mess up too bad and I thought she did really well anyway. The chocolate cake was a great choice because the messy spots just looked like dirt. Here she is adding some grassy sprinkles.
She chose pizza for her birthday dinner. Pepperoni from Papa Murphy's is her favorite! She told Grandma on Sunday that she was going to start eating good food once she turned 5, but when I mentioned it yesterday at lunch, she said that was not "starting until she blew out the candles". Later, she told us that starting at all was a "maybe" a BIG maybe!
She really enjoyed her special day except for when she and her sister got in a little arguement. She said, "Kalli hirt my feelings on my special day of all things!"
I found the banner on clearance a while back at Hobby Lobby and then we just sort of "shopped the house" for western items and put together a fun little birthday vignette. Not a lot of detail in the picture here, but plates were stacked in a cowboy hat, root beer was placed in the birdcage pokey along with a wanted poster and we borrowed a pine tree from the family room. Then there was the little lantern and of course, we used red bandanas for decor too.
5 is such a fun age and Kammy was so cute and thankful for her gifts. I love that she is such a polite little gal.
Here is her wanted poster! I thank God for this beautiful little piece of Heaven on loan.

Photobucket

Even Kaite got involved in the festivities. She was so excited about a birthday. Here she is practicing the word "birthday". She's also learned the word for gun...only she calls it a "die". If that offends you, I apoligize. You'd really have to live "Out West" to understand. :)

One more for tiny talk...this from Kalli while eating hot dogs for lunch, "Please pass the bottle of tomatoes". (that would be ketchup...in case anyone is wondering)

1 comments:

Mary@notbefore7

What a sweet birthday party! Wonder if she has started to eat some good food....LOL

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27