Friday, November 26, 2010

Bits of Christmas...

are beginning to show up here and there throughout the house.I meant to buy a new tree skirt on clearance after Christmas last year and I forgot. So...when it came time to put a treeskirt around the tree, I found some scraps of burlap and gingham and stitched one up real quick.
We added some pinecones and snowflakes to the snowballs we made.

I'm loving the simplicity and beauty of it all.
Oh! And the coziness!

The shadowbox received a Christmas-y look as well.
A few holiday wreaths now grace the french doors.
Some snow crept into the china cabinet.
I'm not completely done, but that's all for now...the laundry is calling. Christmas music from Pandora and a warm fire make housekeeping a delight today!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Sandra

Lovely as always. Would like to ask where you found your ash can fir the wood heater? We have one also but need to find a metal can that's not ugly. Thanks!
Sandra in NM*

RicKaren

Thanks, Sandra! The can is from Home Depot. It is a pellet stove so we use the can to store extra pellets.

Tammy @BeatriceBanks

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! So pretty! Love your tree skirt.

Nicki

And you hate to sew :)))

Charity

Very cute!! We're going to get (most) of our Christmas decorating done today! Love the snowballs!! How did you do them?

RicKaren

They are the smooth styrofoam balls. We just used our fingers to make them all nice and 'gluey' with elmers school glue and then rolled them in a bowl of sparkley snow. (You can buy the bags of it at any craft store like Michael's, HobLob, or JoAnns.)

Cindy

Ooooh! your Christmas decorating is looking so beautiful and your living room is so very, very cozy! I love it all, especially the snow balls. The tree is really gorgeous.
Hugs, Cindy

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27