
What do you think of when you think of Heaven? I believe that heaven will be uniquely different for each one of us. It will have to be, for heaven to me, would not be heaven to you I am sure. I googled 'images' and 'heaven' trying to find an appropriate photo but, I think that photos I have of God's earthly creation better depict heaven than anything man can imagine. I suppose that makes perfect sense though, since God is the creater of heaven too. I like to think God struggled to hold himself back when he created this world, and there are some places where so much of his beauty shines through, that he must have gotten a little carried away. The beauty of this world must just be a tiny sampling of things to come, for the Bible says that it has not even entered into our imagination what heaven will be like!
That being said, my children have quite vivid imaginations. Today as we were eating Sunday dinner, Kammy informed us that tomorrow is the end of the world! I'm not really sure where she got that, unless maybe from the fact that when things go wrong, I tend to say, "It's not the end of the world". Anyway, it got the kids to talking about what heaven will be like. I though it was a little humerous (and probably somewhat accurate) what they thought MY heaven would be like.
1. Peaceful & Quiet.
Kammy knows that I enjoy some 'piece of quiet' every now and then. My idea of a mansion is a sweet little cabin surrounded by mountains and trees. Not to be disrespectful at all, but I dream of meeting Jesus first, alone and in the beauty of nature...a nature that sings his praise more beautifully by it's quiet that all the angels with their lovely chorus.
2. Sleepy.
Kalli said I would sleep for the first 1,000 years! They decided that after about a thousand years, I would wake up and take pictures. lol! They also thought that Kaite would have her own personal angel-nanny who would bring her to me about every thousand years for one day. (1,000 years being as one day).
3. Cool and rainy.
(Except for at night!) Rick said the temperatures in my part of heaven would have to be 108 at night when I was tired and 26 in the morning and throughout the day!
4. We didn't discuss this, but I so look forward to the day when our little family meets the part of our circle who has gone before. I imagine a tow-headed little boy of about 4, with dirt smudged upon on his cheeks running toward me. He has a puppy tucked under his arm, who somehow manages to squirm his way into our embrace and places wet, slobbery kisses on my neck while I plant the very first one on the head of my baby Karrick!
Ahhh.....Heaven!
It's going to be worth it ALL!!!
Disclaimer: Yes, there are contradictions. For one, we know that a person won't be tired in heaven, and will there really be dirt?!?! This is intended to be a humerous piece, yet without disrespect and with some very real truths.


0 comments:
Post a Comment